Eight || Taiyaki

-Art by akagi0021 on tumblr-

"And well... that's pretty much everything that's happened so far." What Takemichi said was followed by a deep exhale.

I sat across from him, nibbling on the taiyaki while trying to compose my thoughts. "That was a lot." Was all I could think of to say after the boy had spent the past twenty minutes explaining everything he knew about the futures and how he managed to change the outcomes up until this point. Even after finding out Mikey killed all of Toman's chief members, all I did was continue eating. I was shocked, just didn't know how to express it. Mikey kills me. He drowns me to death. He burns Hakkai. He shoots Chifuyu. He stabs Draken. He strangles Mitsuya. Hell, he even tried to kill Takemichi.

Feeling incredibly guilty for making the blonde live through those memories again to confess everything, I pushed the plate of taiyaki closer to him as an indication to take some but he only shook his head politely. "I'm good." He said before taking the purple towel around his neck and drying his damp hair with it. "Thanks for letting us stay over while it rained, by the way." He said.

"Don't mention it," I waved it off, trying to rid my mind from the horrid thoughts. "My house is pretty small so we only have one bathroom. Thank you for being patient while Chifuyu uses the bath first."

Takemichi immediately waved his hands around like a shy school girl. "No, really it isn't a big deal! It's nice enough that you're letting us even use your bath..." He mumbled the last sentence.

I couldn't help but giggle at his timidness. I was beginning to understand why Hina liked him so much. "I can't have the first division captain and his vice-captain getting sick from the rain, can I?" I said with a cheeky grin. And then, as if a bipolar storm had attacked, my face softened while looking into the blonde's blue eyes. "It must have been hard. You've been dealing with this shit all by yourself, huh?"

Takemichi was taken back by my sudden change of tone but didn't say anything except offering a fake smile. "I wasn't totally alone, I had Chifuyu! And- uh- you now too, I guess?" He added awkwardly. Pushing that aside, I still couldn't shake the thought of him lying in that park while sobbing his heart out over the traumatic future where his friend had died in his arms.

With my whole heart, I bent over just slightly with my hands curled tightly in fists on my thighs. My hair fell in front of my face, hiding my closed eyes from the Takemichi across. "Thank you for working so hard to save Toman, Takemichi!"

Those big blue eyes got even larger as his parted lips trembled for something to say. "(Y/N)..." He reacted as if nobody had ever thanked him that dearly in his life.

The doors to my bedroom slid open with a bang, startling both Takemichi and I, who jolted at the sudden sound. "I'm done with my bath, you can take one now, Takemitchy!" Chifuyu shouted lazily.

Scrambling to his feet, Takemichi gave a quick thanks before rushing away to the bathroom, probably trying to escape the awkward tension which was left by his lack of words at my gratitude.

Chifuyu looked at the corridor which his friend had just ran down, before turning back to me to plop himself on the small cushion which Takemichi was sitting on just a second ago. "Ooh, taiyaki!" He swooned while he helped himself to the plate.

The sound of a sliding door closing shut could be heard which signified that the other boy was probably in the bath by now. I looked back to Chifuyu who happily munched on the last taiyaki. He was wearing his dry shirt which he wore under his jacket before the rain started, and an unfamiliar pair of baggy jeans with electric blue flames embroided at the cuffs and pockets.