29. the game

long chapter ahead!unedited

long chapter ahead!
unedited

Sierra

I rush into my room with all my bags and I nearly topple over because of a shoe left on the ground that caused me to trip.

"There you are!" Parker immediately shoves all the things down on the ground and grabs me to my vanity, sitting me down. Cameron walks out of my bathroom and waves at me.

"No time to wave! Team hairstyle is dutch braids." Parker swats my hand and she immediately works on my hair.

I couldn't come home early as I hoped because of a stupid test, but here I am. My leg is bouncing like crazy. I've done these types of games before, I shouldn't be nervous! We're playing a different school that's pretty close with Elwood, no surprise, but I feel like they've gotten stronger.

At least they didn't puke after a practice.

I see Cameron sitting on my bed, eating a piece of Twizzler while scrolling through her phone.

"Sarah Holiday just posted on her story, "championship predictions!" geez." Cameron snorts and throws her phone down on my comforters. "She also said earlier that she'll beat Parker's ass!"

Parker rolls her eyes and ties one of my braids, hairspraying it a bit. "She'll barely lay a finger on me."

We all laugh and just chatted while Parker finishes up. I hear a knock on my door and Cameron gets up to
open it as Parker does her last finishing touch on my hair. The chatter outside the door becomes louder and once she opens the door, three people busted into my room and toppled all on top of each other.

Poor Ty on the bottom.

"Get off of me!" he groans and they all shuffle up, fixing their hair at the same time. They freeze and stare at each other and cleared their throats. Blake fixed his sideways cream colored beanie on his head. He was fitting a white Nike hoodie and grey sweatpants. Ty on the other hand, yanked his hat off of Kaydon's head and put it on backwards. The red and white colors matching his checkered shirt and black jeans.

Kaydon gives me a lopsided smile and I subtly rake my eyes down his outfit. A beige loose shirt and black sweats with a hoodie in his arms. His hair is all tousled and a strand hangs in the front, making me suppress a laugh.

The girls and I laugh at their silly antics. "What do you guys want? You're supposed to leave soon!" Parker throws her hands in the air and Blake shoots his hands up, with a smirk.

"We wanted to give you guys our good luck charms before you guys leave. Plus, Kaydon wanted to see his gir-" he got smacked upside on his head and Cameron gives me a wink. Kaydon's ears are bright red. Poor boy.