Chapter 2: Pilgrimage

8 months later

Ayana Sakanagi's mother and father gave her daughter a hug. Her uncle Tojo had allowed her to come and study abroad in New York City. The girl took the train to airport, at the station a girl with brown hair and a black bow in her hair was waiting for her. The brown haired girl had two suitcases, her name was Himekawa Koyuki.

"G-Good morning" Koyuki greeted nervously.

"Good morning" Ayana said, pulling her suitcase into the airport terminal.

The two went through security and sat down to wait for their plane. Koyuki, who was the magical girl Snow White, remembered all the pain during the exam that had happened prior, Nemurin... La Pucelle... Sister Nana... Weiss Winterprison... Hardgore Alice... Ripple... All people she knew well during the exam, murdered and she couldn't do anything about it. She especially felt helpless in the current situation, she was sitting next to the girl who had murdered 5 people including Hardgore Alice, whom she was closet to before Swim Swim killed her on her way to school. She was staying with her cousin who lived in New York City and honestly couldn't wait to get away from Ayana who was looking out of the window at the planes taking off and landing.

It was a 16 hour flight from Nabuka Kaidoshiro Airport to New York City in the US. The whole time Ayana was sleeping. Koyuki however got no sleep, she was awake the whole time reminiscing the days her and all her friends would just earn magical candies and help people out, she missed those days.

When they arrived at New York, they collected their bags and went to the subway. Since the two had been quiet the whole trip, Koyuki thought it would be weird if they just stayed silent so she decided to try talking to Ayana.

"S-So uh how many times have you traveled abroad?" Koyuki asked nervously.

"Three" Ayana replied.

"And where have you gone?"

"London... Naples... Toronto..."

"The only foreign country I've been to is France..."

"I've always wanted to go to Paris"

"Oh, c-cool"

"So uh who's your uncle?"

"My uncle is an architect, he travels all over the world"

"My cousin is some rich music artist... And he's embarrassing to be around sometimes"

"Mm"

They arrived at the train platform and decided to wait for the subway at the station. Koyuki texted her mother and told her that she had arrived safely in New York. Ayana just watched as the train pulled into the station and when it stopped she got her bags and got onboard, Koyuki eventually after a few seconds of texting sa the train and got onboard.

They traveled into the city via the subway and when they arrived at the Port Authority Bus Terminal train station they split up.

"Meet me at the Broadway Junction station on the subway at 9" Ayana said.

Koyuki nodded reluctantly.

Then her uncle, a man in his 40s wearing a blue anorak came and gave her a hug. He took his niece's luggage and took her by the hand.

Koyuki was about to get back into the subway when she heard a car horn, there was a Lamborghini right in front of her, out stepped a man in an expensive suit and a suave hairdo.

"Tanjiro..."

"Koyuki! How's my little princess!?" Her cousin shouted, then he gave her a hug.

"I told you not to call me that!"

"Hahaha, ok ok fine... Hey I'll get your bags for you"

Tanjiro got her bags and put them in the boot of the car before opening the door for his cousin who stepped in, he closed it, got in and sped off.

"Tch, the paparazzi will definitely be on me for picking up a girl in Manhattan" Tanjiro said, "So how's Nabuka? Evidently not good enough since you asked to stay with me for the time being-"

"It's not that... It's a complicated story" Koyuki responded.

"Hmm, well if you need anything, I'll get ya whatever you want, my treat-" Tanjiro said, giving his sister a bottle of soda, she took it and took a sip of the bottle.

"This is from Japan..."

"Mhm, I didn't want you to get home sick so I bought you some imported stuff from Japan! Hope you like it!"

"I do, thanks" Koyuki responded, smiling.

"Wanna see a movie when we get to the penthouse?"

"Mhm!"

"Awesome!"