Chapter 8: Attack

A bank in Staten Island, broken glass, shaking employees and customers, blood all over the floor, a few bodies, and in the middle of it all... Swim Swim. She had thwarted a bank robbery and killed the robbers, she noticed a security guard holding his arm, she walked up to him and with a crack, his arm was back in place. She sighed, yanked Ruler from one of the dead robbers and sunk into the ground, as the sound of police sirens got closer and closer.

When the police arrived, they were shocked to find th robbers dead.

"Holy hell-" One of them said.

"Is anyone hurt"

Everyone shook their heads, "She only went after the robbers" The bank teller said.

"This oughta be a case for the ages. Can we see the security footage"

"She made me delete it... I'm sorry" The security guard at the front replied.

"Damn it" One of the detectives said.

In Manhattan, there was a man on the ground, his face was bloody. And he was holding a screw driver in his hand, Swim Swim was standing in front of Charlie who was crying and had a cut on his face. The man scrambled back up and lunged at Swim Swim, she let the screw driver go threw her, again as if she was made of water. She kicked him in the face and gave him and then delivered a righ hook to the face, the man swung at her again, she kneed him in the gut, and kicked him again.

"Little bitch" The aggressive man replied.

"Shameless brute" Swim Swim shot back.

She jumped and gave him an uppercut before slamming her hands into his head, he started to stumble. He pulled out a nail gun and fired it at her, she chopped it and his instantly fell apart, he gasped. She kicked him in the side, gave him a right hook to the face, tripped him and kicked him in the face. She wanted to kill him off for what he did to Charlie but the boy was right there, watching, scared, shaken up. She sighed and picked ruler up and left the man to groan.

"Wait!" Charlie shouted.

Swim Swim turned around.

He ran up to her and gave her a hug. It shocked her, but she welcome it and hugged him back. She let him go and waved goodbye a smile on her face, then she sunk into the ground and disappeared.

The next morning, Charlie told Ayana all about what happened and how a magical girl saved him from being attacked by a mugger while they were on the subway.

"And she was like bang! And pow! It was awesome"

"Wasn't it now-"

"Hey I made friends with a doggy magical girl in the game! Wanna see?!" Charlie said, taking out his phone.

When she heard about a dog like magical girl, she immediately remembered Tama, a magical girl from back in Nebuka City... And all she did for her. She killed her for discovering her identity even though Tama said she wouldn't tell anyone, if she could go back in time and stop herself, she would... However, she was dead now, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Charlie showed her, she looked a lot like Tama, only she had white high heals and white fur instead and a pink collar, she had freckles and silver eyes.

Ayana squeezed her fist, but she managed a smile, "She looks pretty" Ayana replied.

"I know right!?" Charlie said back, like an excited dog.

She gave a nervous chuckle, "Yeah..."

"Ayana! There's this boss battle I can't beat want to help me out with it later?" Charlie asked.

"Sure" She replied.

"Thanks!" Charlie replied, then he gave her a hug, it surprised her. But she welcomed it.

Later that night, Snow White teamed up with Swim Swim yet again. This time Snow White had been training and learning how to fight so she would be of use to Swim Swim.

"So you didn't kill that man-" Snow White said, somewhat surprised of what she heard.

"No" Swim Swim responded, "There were... There was a special condition"

When she said that, she remembered the fearful look in Charlie's eyes. How scared he was, and then the comfort to watching Swim Swim save him.

"Was there a kid there?"

"Yeah... So what?"

Snow White smiled, "So you do have standards"

"I suppose..."

"That's good to know"

Swim Swim then heard a noise from behind her. Her and Snow White turned around and the spy girl from a few nights ago was walking toward them.

"Yo" She said.

Swim Swim waved lazily.

"Who are you-"

"Trifle, and my magic is-"

She pulled a knife from her coat and tossed it, it struck a mugger on the street below runnimg away with a woman's purse, the woman caught up, grabbed her purse and ran off. Leaving the mugger to moan in pain.

"-I can summon any weapon and use it with precision accuracy"

"You remind me of someone I used to know... She's sadly not alive anymore-" Snow White replied.

The image of Ripple's cold body in her arms was harrowing. It made her shiver.

"You okay?" Trifle asked.

"Y-Yeah-"

Then she saw Swim Swim, blood on her face, her blood stained spear dripping red, she whimpered nervously.

"You sure you're okay-" Trifle asked.

Snow White nodded.

"Okay..." Trifle replied.

Then three figures landed around the three surrounding them. Snow White could feel the aggressive aura from them.

"Did you tell anyone else you were coming to find me" Swim Swim said.

"No... This was supposed to be off the books" Trifle responded, pulling a gun from her pocket.

Trifle recognised one of the girls, she had short hair, green eyes a maids uniform, she had a bow tied around her neck and she had a rapier at her left side.

"Fern... What the hell are you doing here, and why the hell did you follow me!" Trifle asked.

"Stay out of this Trifle..."

She pulled the rapier from her side and pointed it at Swim Swim.

"...I'm here for her" Fern snarled.