Chapter 13: Diamonds

Ayana spends the next few days supporting Charlie as the boy grieves the loss of his parents who's murder took place a week ago. Her and her grandfather went to their funeral since he was a family friend. Ayana held Charlie's hand as they lowered their caskets into the Earth. Charlie fought back tears as the wooden caskets went deeper and deeper into the ground, for Ayana it brought back a memory she hopes she wouldn't remember... Ruler's death.

Back in Nebula City, Ruler was her idol. During the selection exam she had to make a hard choice and kill her off in order to stay in the selection exam. Before she left Japan for America, she visited her grave and set down a bouquet of flowers.

She snaps back to reality when Charlie taps her shoulder, she looks at him and sees him, he's bawling his eyes out. She feels bad and decides to offer him a piece of candy, he takes it and unwraps it. She watches as he puts it in his mouth to see if he likes it, he gives her a shy thumbs up which is a good sign.

---

Since Charlie's parents died, Snow White has noticed how much more brutal she had become. Swim Swim decapitated a man when all he did was steal a purse from a woman on the street. The lady watches in horror as blood gushes out of the man's neck, Swim Swim tosses her purse over to her and sinks into the ground, the woman lets out a terrified scream that could be heard from blocks away.

When she arrives back to where Snow White is standing. The girl is pale with fear because she has an idea of what Swim Swim had done, she walks by her and to the edge of the building. Since they arrived Koyuki had basically been reduced to the role of Ayana's faithful pet, a puppet that had no choice but to do whatever the little girl told her... Or possibly suffer a fate unlike any other. She didn't feel like she was in control and the pain of being basically enslaved to Swim Swim made her stomach do a twist.

"You know what I'd do if I could" Snow White says.

Swim Swim turns her head a little and sees Snow White looking down at the concrete, squeezing her hands tightly.

"I would run... Run far away from you..."

"I'd most certainly would kill you then"

Snow White scoffs, "A subject must obey what their Queen tells them. If they don't... Their head rolls like watermelons... Blood covered ones. If you want to leave, you can. But, I will go out of my way to put an end to your miserable life"

Snow White shudders and then she runs off jumping from building to building. Swim Swim stands there watching as she leaps farther and farther. Then she looks up at the moon, it was a full moon that night and she liked full moons. They soothed her soul like kittens, the blissful breeze made her smile. However, this relaxing moment wasn't going to last long, an energy blast come out of nowhere and hits her it knocks her off the building she's standing on.

She manages to grab Ruler and jab it into the side of a building to slow her decent to the cold concrete below. She hits the ground and grumbles, her vision is unsteady but when it fixes itself she sees who attacked her, another magical girl and she's floating in the air. She's lightskinned, her hair is white, her uniform is a steel like grey colour and her shoes are pink. She looks down at Swim Swim, displeased that she survived the attack.

"... So your the Oceans Grim reaper, you're just as pathetic as I thought"

"And you have no honour, I can fix that" Swim Swim says.

"Rejoice! As your death shall mark my ascension to the higher ranks of this great society of magic. My name is Celestial Diamond-"

She unsheathes a sword, it's an elegant looking excalibur type sword with a blade literally made of diamond.