Chapter 9: Off Course

"Fern... Listen to me, I know you want to challenge the new girl and shit, but this really isn't the fucking time-"

"She murdered Black Cat! Are you really that dumb!?" Fern screamed.

"... She was a reckless fool, I'm not even surprised in the slightest that she got dropped" Trifle replied.

"She was my friend! She was one of the cities best and you're okay with her murdering her?!" Fern shouted.

"All I'm saying is that, she had it coming. Bitch got cocky and paid the price" Trifle replied.

"How... How dare you!" Fern snarled.

"No... How dare you, for not keeping your girls in check" Trifle responded, she whipped out a gun from her holster.

Fern pulled some leaves from her belt, they started glowing she threw them at Trifle, she shot them out of the air and switched her gun out for some throwing knives. She tossed them at Fern's goons, they struck them both in their legs. Trifle was about to pull something else when she heard a squelching sound, she look up and saw Fern had been impaled by something, Fern looked down and saw she had been impaled by a metal blade, more blood spilled out as the blade was pushed deeper into her back, she screamed in pain and then collapsed... Behind her was Swim Swim who pulled her spear from her back.

"Well I'll be damned" Trifle says in awe.

Snow White shivered in fear, this wasn't the first time she had witnessed someone getting impaled before and it certainly wasn't something she enjoyed seeing, she screamed and collapsed to her knees.

"Yo, you good?"

"It's past trauma... She'll be fine" Swim Swim replied, swinging the blood off her spear.

The three other girls still down from the knives in their legs retreated in horror after pulling them out.

"Why couldn't you reason with her?!" Snow White shouted, crying and shaking in fear.

"When it came to Fern, there was no reasoning with her... It had to be done" Trifle responded.

Snow White wiped her face and slowly got back up, Swim Swim looked behind her, Fern had transformed back into her civilian form. Her green eyes drained of life, a pool of blood near her body, her blonde hair still as the night as the blood soaked it wet.

"We girls here in New York have a council. It's a complicated thing so I'll explain it to you another time... But what I will tell you is that we have to convene now" Trifle said, she walked toward the edge of the building.

"I'll invite y'all to come... It's next week" Trifle added, "Till then, see ya around"

Then she jumped off the building and vanished. Snow White put a tarp over Ferns corpse and looked back at Snow White who sunk into the ground and disappeared. She collapsed to the ground and started crying and crying wishing she had her friends to help her, to help her through the times she was facing, to comfort her crumbling soul.

The next day, Ayana saw the news about Ferns death while eating her breakfast, Charlie pulled her in for a hug, which surprised her but she welcomed it.

Her Uncle Tojo picked up his bag and walked toward the door.

"You kids have a good day!"

"We will!" Charlie and Ayana shouted.

Then he left, closing the door behind him

The two finished their breakfast and headed off to school, while they were out Charlie decided to ask a question to Ayana.

"My birthday is this weekend! Wanna come?! It's gonna be awesome!" Charlie asked, his eyes glowing with excitement.

"Sure" Ayana replied.

"Yeah!" Charlie shouted excitedly jumping up and down.

"Who's going to be there?"

"Taki, Mai, Donavon, Jacob, Lucy, Emily, a lot of people are gonna be there, it's gonna be so cool!" Charlie replied.

"Can't wait" Ayana replied, smiling.

Later that night while Ayana was sleeping, Charlie snoring on the floor, there was a knock on the window, outside was Destiny gesturing for her to meet her on the roof.

Ayana opened the door, and saw the girl playing with her box braids, when the door opened she turned off her phone, Ayana was in some pink sleeping clothes, white stars dotted all around it and holding her magical phone.

"What do you want... I have a long weekend ahead of me" Ayana asked.

"The council meeting got moved up... It's tonight. Are you coming?" Destiny said, whipping her braided hair slightly.

She looked down at the ground, she could already feel the tension and nervousness start to slowly fill up inside of her. With a deep breath she did her best to get rid of all the anxiousness .She transformed into Swim Swim and looked up at Destiny.

"Yes... I'm coming" She responded.