Chapter 10: Council

Trifle and Swim Swim had to walk down a subway tunnel in Manhattan to the old City Hall station. It was must and the sound of subway trains moving and flange sounds could be heard all over the place, it made Swim Swim overwhelmed but not to a major extent.

"You okay?"

"Sound and Light are my weakness"

"Ah, so I see"

"How much farther"

"Almost there... Mind the 3rd rail"

They leapt onto the subway platform and started walking up the steps at the top of the staircase was a glowing pink portal, Swim Swim stared at it as if it was a gem.

Trifle took her magical phone out and pointed it at the portal, they both glowed a little brighter and then it turned a light shade of green.

"Step in" Trifle said.

Swim Swim took a deep breath and she took a step into the portal, Trifle followed behind her when they arrived on the other side it was as if they were sitting in a fancy wooden room with two balconies. The floor was velvet coloured and soft on the feet. Sitting all around were magical girls of all skin tones, outfits and colours, they all looked down at Swim Swim intrested to see what she was all about, Snow White was among those sitting at a table in the centre of the room, she was just staring at the table and playing with her fingers.

"Sit there with ya pal, I'll talk to you when this is over"

Swim Swim nodded and sent to sit in one of the seats at the table, Snow White looked at her then back at the table playing around with her fingers. Swim Swim looked over at Snow White then at the fancy wooden door in front of her, suddenly the door opened and the girls sitting around all stood up, Swim Swim and Snow White did it too, out stepped a woman dressed like a queen with a sword on her side. It reminded Swim Swim of Ruler, her mentor. Out stepped two more girls, one resembled a cat, the other resembles a dog, they both had swords too.

"Good evening everyone" She said.

"Evening Madame" The girls sitting around greeted in unison.

"You must be the two who passed the selection exam in Nebuka City"

"Hai" Swim Swim responded in Japanese.

"Hm, let's start with names. I'm Lily White, I am the head of this council. Those two are Kitten Blanc and Doggy Noir, my assistants"

"Swim Swim"

"S-Snow White"

"Everyone may sit down" Lily White said.

The girls all sat down including Swim Swim and Snow White. The cat like girl pulled the chair out for Lily White and she sat in it, the dog girl pushed her towards the table.

"So... You're the one who killed Fern and Black Cat" Lily White said.

"Yes, I slayed them" Swim Swim responded.

"May I ask why" Lily White questioned.

"Black Cat attacked me for simply doing what she couldn't do. Fern attacked me for killing her. Trifle can confirm the story about Fern"

Trifle stood up, "She's telling the truth"

"I see" Lily White responded, "You may sit down"

Trifle sat back in her seat.

"I believe with the deaths of our two former members you may be angry, upset and wanting to cast these outsiders out. However, as we all usually do, we will vote on what these two shall receive. Shall it be judgement, shall it be life... Is your decision. You may start voting now" Lily White said.

Swim Swim watched as the other girls were shown a screen, some of them picked judgement, others believed her and Snow White should be spared. A few minutes later, the girls came to a decision.

"And the verdict is..."

Trifle gulped, she voted for life, and she hoped the majority of the girls there too would also pick life, Lily White then announced the verdict to the others...

"...Life"

Some of the girls were irritated and protested the verdict.

Trifle breathed a sigh of relief.

"Since we are down two girls... I figured you two would make splendid replacements" Lily White said, "So I am glad we came to this decision"

"This isn't fair, Fern and Black Cat were murdered by that monster and you're just going to spare her life?!" One of the girls shouted.

"In life nothing is fair Sparrow darling... Just like how this decision isn't fair, there will be plenty of other ones you will not agree with it. You'll understand in due time" Lily White responded, complete calm in her voice.

Sparrow snarled and stormed out of the room. A few other girls left too, Lily White sighed, she expected that to happen.

Snow White gulped, she could feel the aggressive presence around her from the girls that decided to stay, yet still voted for them to be judge.

"Will you take up the mantle Fern once held?" Lily White said.

"Yes ma'am" Swim Swim responded, bowing.

She looked over at Snow White, "And will you take over Black Cat's?"

Snow White nodded.

"Splendid, we meet every Sunday. I expect you to show up unless your personal lives get in the way. Until then, you are dismissed" Lily White said.

She bowed again and then she left, Snow White got up and followed her. Trifle messaged her

"Madame, was that really a good idea?" Kitten Blanc said.

"Not every problem can be solved by me. Besides, if what the rumors I'm hearing are true... Then she's very dangerous... And we can use that to our advantage" Lily White said.

"The madames word is supreme after all" Doggy Noir added.

- - -

"You're advancing quickly here, pon" Fav said to Swim Swim who was walking down a subway tunnel.

"Yes, I see I am... What can you tell me about Lily White"

"Well... She's the girl all the others here in New York look up to. You could say she's like the queen of New York City, pon" Fav responded.

"I see" Swim Swim responded.

"However she hasn't really been doing the best job at it. She's been leading all the girls for about eight months now and there has been infighting and such, pon" Fav responded.

"What's her magic?" Swim Swim asked.

"She can see an opponents fight pattern and exploit their weakness, pon" Fav responded.

"So she can see the future?" Swim Swim responded.

"That would be correct, pon" Fav answered.

"Alright... Thanks Fav"

"No problem, pon"

Swim Swim closed the terminal and looked back, there was a train coming so she used her magic to sink into the ground, she watched above as the train barreled above her, when it was gone she rose back up and sighed.

"What a bother" She said, then she continued walking down the tunnel.