Why So Defensive?

*Wesley's P.O.V*

I stood on the ice my legs feeling as though they couldn't hold my body up anymore. It was another day, another practice and we were working harder than we had all week.

Me and Leo had been running partner drills along with defensive work. I looked over at Leo he was practically panting as we began skating over to the bench.

"Oh my God that was awful." Leo panted out as he grabbed his water bottle on the bench.

Leah who had been sitting on the bench all practice just snorted at his comment as if what we were doing wasn't hard.

"Why don't you get on the ice and do it?" Leo questioned jokingly, "Your gear is in the car."

I raised my eye brows at his comment, she had hockey gear?

I opened my mouth to make a comment but shut it quickly. Ever sense my first day of school I chose to tread carefully around Leah when with other people. I didn't understand how to act around her. At school she was a complete bitch but around the hockey guys at practice she was the nicest person on earth.

"Spend 15 minutes with my coach, then I'll get on the ice." Leah rebuttal

Leo raised his eyebrows in debelife at her comment, who was this coach? God everyday this girl became more of a mystery.

"Yeah, no thank you i'll stay on the ice." Leo responded putting his water bottle back.

"Leo! Wes! Get back to work!" Coach Mark yelled from half way acrossed the ice.

I began to skate away back to work but Jack skated over signaling for me and Leo to stay by the bench.

"I'll take care of them coach!" Jack shouted while winking at me and Leo.

"You distracting my players Elastigirl?" Jack questioned, jokingly raising his eyebrow at Leah.

"I live to serve" Leah said with a shrug.

Jack smiled at her and shook his head,

"God Leah." He said with a slight chuckle before turning towards me and Leo.

"Look we only got 5 minutes left of practice why don't you to just shoot pucks against the board till time runs out, ok?"

I shrugged at his comment, blowing of the last 5 minutes seemed fine by me. It must have been ok with Leo too because before I could even move he was already grabbing pucks to shoot.

"Hey do you need me to take you back to my place after practice?" Jack asked in a hushed voice.

I quickly shook my head no.

"Nah I'll go home, thank you for last night tho."

Jack just nodded his head before going back to his drills.

I skated over and began shooting the pucks against the wall. I watched as Leo slap shot a puck releasing some unspoken anger.

"You good man, you seem stressed?" I asked.

I hadn't known Leo for very long but his mood wasn't unpredictable, unlike his sister, he was easy to read making him an easy person to get along with.

I watched as Leo looked over towards Leah, signaling that Leah was causing him stress I looked over at Leah for a hot second. Her phone began to ring and I looked back toward Leo the grip on his stick tightened, the phone call only causing him more stress.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Leo said turning his attention back towards the puck.

He slap shot the puck so hard I swear it could have broke the glass.