Oh It's Game Day Baby pt. 1

*Leah's P.O.V*

Coach handed me a clip board and started to point at the boys names.

"Here, just add a check under the shots on goal part. I have them in line-up order. For Jack I want you to write down the amount of glove saves and normal saves he has." Coach explained.

I nodded my head.

"Yeah, got it."

"OK good, I have to go. Just round up the boys and tell them lockeroom 4."

Coach left me to go see the other teams coaches. Anyone could see he was stressed about having so many teams here.

"Hey did you figure out which lockeroom?" Leo asked walking up to me.

He was dressed in his usual warm ups carrying his hockey bag.

"Yeah lockeroom 4."

Leo nodded his head and turned around.

"Jack lockeroom 4!" He screamed running away.

I snorted to myself and checked Leo and Jack off of the attendance list. So far most of the players were here and we were waiting on like one player.

I looked around the bustling lobby and decided to keep my eyesight in the doors waiting for more of our players to walk through it.

Merely seconds passed before Wes walked through the door, seeing me immediately he walked over. His body tense as he walked he scanned the lobby as if he was looking for something.

"Hey you good?" I questioned making my way towards him.

"Me? Yeah I'm fine. How are you? The jersey looks good." He rambled out quickly.

I let out a small laughed and looked down at my jersey.

"Thanks." I replied with a small blush, holding the clip board closer to my chest.

Just as I spoke, out of the corner of my eye I watched the Bellevue Trojans players walk in. I rolled my eyes slightly and nudged Wes.

"Look what the cat dragged in." I said sarcasm dripping from my lips.

My comment, made to be a joke, unsettled Wes as he tensed up looking at the team. His eyes stayed locked on a player who looked new.

I watched as the player with fire red hair looked over at us looking at Wes then me.

I didn't get a chance took look longer because Wes forcefully grabbed my arm turning so his back faced the other team and Wes covered the one players veiw of me.

Out of instinct I flinched from Wes's hold noticing, he quickly let go.

"Sorry." He said roughly. He was still very tense and still hiding me from the one player.

"Are you ok?" I questioned looking at his face.

Wes took a deep breath, looking like he was restraining himself.

"Yeah, what lockeroom are we in?" He asked looking down at me.

"4" I replied still looking at him curiously. What was going on inside of his head?

"Ok." Was all he said. Wes turned to leave but I quickly stopped him.

"Give me your phone. They aren't allowed to be in the lockeroom for games, and I'm willing to bet you don't have a parent to give it to." I half lied

I wasn't lying about the phone, it's a real rule... they just aren't strict on it. Never have been. I just needed his phone.

Wes took it out of his pocket and handed it to me. He looked one last time at the Bellevue team before turning towards the lockeroom.

This is so wrong.

I thought I myself as I opened Wes's phone. He was now in the lockeroom and couldn't see me as I called CJ. I would have called him from my phone but I don't have his number.

"Hey, dude? Don't you have a game?" CJ asked right away, picking up the phone. He thought it was Wes.

I fiddled with the bottom of my jersey before awnsering CJs queastion.

"Its Leah." I finally said.

"Oh hi. How did you get Wes's phone?"

I shook my head, I needed to get to the point fast. Warm ups were gonna start soon.

"They aren't allow in the lockeroom. Listen I gotta ask you a question." I said nervously.

I had only spoken to CJ once and he seemed like the heart and soul of Wes's life. Hopefully he could help, unless he was unwilling to.

"Shoot."

"What do you know about the Bellevue Trojans down here?" I asked keeping the question broad.

The phone went silent. Some rustling happen on the other end as CJ most likely switched sitting positions.

"Tall red head. Most likely still number 35, brown eyes. I don't know maybe 5'8?" CJ asked perfectly describing the new kid on the Bellevue team from earlier that Wes was staring at.

He knew what question I was asking when I didn't even ask it. I never mentioned a player just the team. A team CJ shouldn't even know of.

"So you do know him." I stated looking over at the red head.

Who the hell was this guy. Still number 35? Did Wes play with him before?

"Trojans are your rival team correct?"

"Yeah."

"Did he see you and Wes together? The red head kid?" He asked his voice concerned.

"I mean, yeah. We were just talking in the lobby." I said my voice getting more curious.

"Leah I need you to do something. Don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't approach him, and if he approaches you... you walk the other way. Go sit on the bench." CJ said his voice stern and commanding, unlike his friendly tone he had earlier.

I looked away from the red head kid and instead looked at lockeroom 4s door.

"What?" I questioned surprised.

"Just go Leah, go to the bench please." He was practically begging.

"OK ok, I'm going the games about to start anyways." I said walking towards the ice.

Hanging up the phone I looked at the boy one last time as I walked. Our eyes met, his gaze an icy glare, I shivered. It reminded alittle to much of coach Brads eyes.

I sat on the bench next to coach, as the boys skated out to start their warm up.

"Glad you finally made it." He chucked

"I had a hold up in the lobby." Was all I said before looking at the ice.

The boys were passing and shooting pucks at Carter almost done with their warm up.

I watched, but my mind couldn't stop wandering to the boy in the hallway. Who was he?

Words: 1084