The Sweet Sound of Skates

*Leah's P.O.V*

My head leaned back against the cold metal as I listened. My favorite sound echoing through the rink.

The sound of hockey.

Skates gliding through the ice, pucks crashing against sticks.

I listened as the skates got faster and the puck was passed. Something was definitely happening. Pads slids acrossed the ice and I heard Carter yell.

"Oh you're fast! but you're not fast ENOUGH!!!!"

I smirked to myself, Carter must have made a save.

Opening my eyes I confirmed my thought.

Carter was crouched down, glove over the puck.

I smirked to myself. God I wish I could get on that ice.

I watched as they re-set up the play and got into positions. Leo on defense left and Wes on defense right.

The puck dropped and they jumped into action. Jack got ahold of the puck and began to skate towards Carter till Leo shut him down. Taking the puck, he passed it cross ice to Wes. Wes dribbled the puck while taking it up ice before passing it up to Joey. Who skated up ice and shot the puck into the empty net. It was a decent play.

I sighed to myself and stood up from the bench. Practice was ending in a few minutes and Leo an I were planning to skate afterwards.

I hadn't put in my gear yet and I would prefer to change in an empty locker room without the boys.

I walked away from the ice towards the locker room ready to put in my gear.

**********

*Wesley's P.O.V*

The sound of the buzzer rang through the rink. Skating over to the bench I took of my gloves and helmet, wiping the sweat from my head.

"Why do I feel like he's trying to kill us a few days before our game?" I questioned, still out of breath.

"What did you think he was gonna do? Take it easy on us?" Carter said with a snort.

I chuckled a bit, and shook my head. Taking a sip from my water bottle I watched as Jack skated over.

"Hey what's the after game plan? I can't do anything at my house, my moms gonna be home." Jack questioned taking off his gear.

"We can have it at my house." Leo, who was standing next to me, said with a shrug.

Jack nodded his head, and patted Leo on the back before leaving the bench towards the lockeroom. With me following closely behind, at least till I noticed Leo hadn't gotten off the ice yet.

"You coming man?" I asked.

He hadn't even taken off his helmet or his gloves yet. Normally Leo was the first one off of the ice.

"Nah, I'm gonna skate with my sister. I promised her I would stay after practice so we could play one on one." Leo stated looking at me.

"That's nice of you." I said, the conversation wasn't going very far and I couldn't figure out why. "Say what you're thinking Leo. Why aren't you talking to me?"

Leo sighed and closed his eyes for a split second before looking at me.

"Thank you." He finally said.

I looked at him in surprise.

"Thank you? Bud, I haven't done anything for you to be thanking me for."