A is for Asshole

*Leo's P.O.V*

Everyone always told me the wait for the championship game was long.

But for me it came quickly, to quickly.

Suddenly Monday became Friday and the days turned into weeks. Now we only had three days till the big game.

Everyone seemed to be handling the stress differently.

Jack jumped into captain mode making sure everyone had what they needed for the big game.

Carter panic'd and bought a new goalie stick, which coach informed him he would not be using for the game.

And Wes, Wes had a captain presence about him as well. Checking up on everyone, making sure they were alright and had a ride to the game and the after party. Not to mention he spent a lot more time with Leah, and I mean A Lot more time.

I looked at Wes sitting next to me then at Leah who was standing by the door.

Why coach let her in the lockeroom for our team talk is beyond me, maybe it was a start at getting her to join the team.

"We are going to kick their asses and you all know that! Get out of your head and let lose!" Coach shouted, his speech was nothing but encouraging.

Part of me was worried the yelling would trigger Leah but everytime I looked over she seemed fine.

"Great, now onto the game. I'm not changing starting line up, Logan I'm going to move you up from 3rd line to second line left wing."

I Clapped along with the rest of the team and went back to listening to coach.

"Now, Jack like normal will be acting captain, " Coach paused for a moment and looked at all of us. "Look you all know I don't do assistant captains but for some reason it just felt right."

Everyone side glanced at each other confused as coach pulled out a "A" meant to be attached to a jersey.

"Wes," Wes's head shot up in shock, "you've grown so much sense you've come to this league, I'll admit at first I was worried but you proved to be an excellent teammate and player."

Wes stood up and took the letter from coach he looked at it for a second before looking at everyone else in the room. The room was silent everyone waiting for Wes to talk, smile sitting on their faces.

"You gonna give a speech or what?" Carter said jokingly smacking Wes's ass with his hockey stick.

Wes kind of smiled and looked around the room.

"Well, as some of you all know from our run in with Randy I was the captain of my old team that is before I got kicked out of my league."

I held my breath and looked over at Leah, she seemed to be doing the same as Wes spoke.

"I always try to be the best teammate I can be, thats why I think keeping secrets isn't good." Wes looked over at Leah before continuing, "Randy was a past teammate of mine who would constantly beat up my best friend and defense partner and when he threatened his girlfriend I could let that happen. I'm sure you all can guess what happened next, but I think going into this big game with Randy you should all know that. And I'm honored to be your assistant captain and your teammate so thank you and thank you all for giving me a fresh start."

The room started cheering and Leah let out a smile, till Jack made everyone quite down.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Everyone turned and looked at him slightly frightened, "the A doesn't stand from assistant captain buddy."

His voice was cold and dark and honestly made me a bit nervous.

"What does it stand for then?" Wes questioned looking hurt towards Jack.

A smile crept onto Jacks face as he looked at Wes.

"A stands for Ass-hole" he stated.

Wes smiled back and lightly slapped him on the back of his head.

"Yeah and the C stands for Cock."

The entire lockeroom burst into laughter and other conversations.

"Hey boys!" Wes shouted looking at everyone, "our ice times up, but let's kick the Trojans ass's this weekend!"

"League champs baby!" Jack yelled following Wes's enthusiasm.

The entire lockeroom cheered and a large smile spread across my face, this weekend was about to be fun.

Words:729