Grab Your Skates

*Leah's P.O.V*

Sleep. I valued sleep more than anything now that I was out of gymnastics. No more morning practice before school, meaning that I didn't have to wake up at 4:00 just to get to the gym on time.

But today was Saturday, and again... I still valued my sleep because in my normal schedule a year ago I would be up early for a 5 hour practice.

No more of that. Instead my body was comfortable in my bed, under my blankets, as the snow fell outside. I smiled to myself, God I love Saturdays now.

I heard my door creak open but I ignored it. It was probably just my mom grabbing my laundry.

I didn't have time to comprehend that it was Saturday and my mom had work before something landed on my head.

"What the fuck!" I shouted, shooting up in my bed realizing that a coat was just thrown on my head.

I looked over at Leo who was standing in my doorway with a smirk on his face.

"Goodmorning." He said with a sarcastically, happy tone.

I flipped him off before rolling over in my bed, intending to go back to sleep.

"Goodmorningggg" he said in a sing-song voice as he turned on my light.

"Fuck off Leo. Don't you have a hockey clinic?" I asked trying to get him to leave.

"Yeah in 4 hours," I heard a loud thud infront of my bed where he had dropped something. "So get your ass out of bed and grab your skates"

I raised an eye brow and sat up in bed again, looking at the object he had dropped on the floor. My skates.

"The ice rink down the street finally froze over. I figured you would want to go." He said with a shrug before leaving my room.

God damn it that kid was right, I did want to go. I was itching to get on the ice.

I slowly got out of my bed and looked at my phone. My notifications light was blinking like it was going to have a stroke.

I gronned, not prepared to deal with all the messages my coach had sent me this early in the morning.

Turning my phone on my eyebrows lifted in surprise. None of the messages were from Brad, Instead they all cam from my mom or,

Wes.

We had exchanged numbers for the school project, but I didn't expect him to actually text me.

I sat on my bed and read all of the messages, now curious.

Mom: remember I have work and Leo has a hockey clinic. I know you have your school project, so Jack said he would take Leo to the rink.

I smiled, great full for Jack, before reading the rest of my messages... all from Wes.

Wes: morning, what time should I come over today?        6:45

Wes: I'm assuming you're asleep still, but could I come over at 11 ish?   7:05

Wes: Also, I talked to Leo. Sorry for the comment I made at the weight room and sorry for scaring you. 7:06

I sat there in shock, Leo told him!? I talked to Leo about my problems in full confidence.

Wes: by the way, I'll drop the whole gymnastics thing today if you stop asking me why I moved here. 7:10

I let out a small sigh and replied,

Leah: Morning, 11 works fine for me. You didn't scare me so don't worry about it, and fine I'll try too. 7:12

I kept the message short and sweet, hoping not to carry the conversation on for too long.