Chapter 22 - Copy Cat

Hajime: "This is perfect. I've been feeling irritated lately, anyway. Mind letting me take things out on you, bastard?"

Hajime grabbed its arm and threw it into the ceiling.

Jyugo: "Did you get him?"

Jinx: "Is it dead?"

Hajime: "Like hell. If that's all it took to break that thing, I wouldn't be having so much trouble."

It came down from the ceiling and started spinning towards us.

Jyugo: "It's coming this way-!"

Hajime stopped it. Suddenly, two whips came out and wrapped themselves around Hajime's wrists.

Hajime: "These are just like the mutt's whips-"

It flicked him into the wall.

Jinx & Jyugo: "HAJIME!"

He barely had time to collect himself before he had to jump out of the way as two weapons came spinning towards him. They looked exactly like the ones Kiji uses.

Hajime: "So next is that drag queen bastard, huh."

He picked up a huge bolder.

Jinx: "Wheeere did he get that?"

Jyugo: "Hah, don't question it."

Hajime: "Interesting. In that case..."

He threw it into the air towards it. It shot at the boulder mid-air, making it break apart, yet it was still coming for it. We saw that among the rubble, Hajime was coming at it too, ready to attack. But before he could get in close, it shot out a spiral of wind blowing it all away.

Robo Rabbit: "SHIELD CYCLONE."

Hajime: "Tch- so it's wind this time, huh? What a pain."

Jyugo: "This wind..."

Jinx: "It's the same as Ruka's bashosen. This is getting ridiculous. First Kenshirou's whips, Kiji's weapons and now the Kappa's wind? HAVE SOME ORIGINALITY, YOU STUPID BUNNY!!"

Jyugo: "We know better than anyone that it's not easy getting close to that."

Jinx: "Mhm."

Jyugo: "But... wait a minute. Just maybe... if it were me."

Jinx: "Huh?"

Jyugo: "If it were me, then wouldn't I be able to cut it?"

I saw the red aura around his hands and new exactly what that meant.

Jyugo: "I should be able to do it if I use this."

Jinx: "NO!"

I tackled him to the ground.

Jyugo: "Jinx, wha-"

Jinx: "I won't let you! It's too dangerous!"

Jyugo: "Aw geez, Jinx, I-"

He tried to sit up, but I kept him pinned.

Jinx: "NO! I won't let you go near that thing!"

Jyugo: "..."

Jinx: "I can't stand seeing you get hurt anymore, Jyugo!"

Tears filled my eyes.

Jinx: "You have to stay here with me... where it's safe..."

Jyugo: "Jinx, listen to me. Blunt force doesn't work on that thing. But I should be able to cut through its body, weapons and attacks. If I do, then Hajime can get in close to that robot."

Jinx: "No, no, no!"

Jyugo: "If we don't get rid of this thing, we'll never get out of here."

Jinx: "Hajime will take care of it! You don't have to-"

Jyugo: "For once in his life, he can't beat something down with just his fists... Please trust me."

Jinx: "I... I...... *sigh* I'll always trust you, big brother..."

I reluctantly let him up.

Jinx: "Just please... don't get hurt..."

He stroked my head, giving me a reassuring smile before turning his hands to blades.

Hajime: "Are you trying to say both your offence and defence is perfect, you damn shitty robot? But I'm not gonna give you any room to breathe. I'm gonna bust you up real soon enou-"

Jyugo charged forward and cut into it. The shockwave blast almost blew me off my feet.

Hajime: "...Damnit, the hell is he-"

Jinx: "HAJIMEEE!!"

I ran up to him.

Hajime: "Damn it, 33, what were you two scheming back there?!"

Jinx: "He's trying to help you!"

When it cleared, we saw something that shocked all three of us. The big pudgy robo rabbit was no longer there. In its place was a smaller, skinnier version of it.

Jyugo: "It... it didn't... cut."

Its entire middle section was now made of some kind of metal that even Jyugo's blades couldn't cut through.

Robo Rabbit: "MODE CHANGE. TMT-178 MODE a."

Jinx: "N-no way..."