Chapter 30 {A Wedding}

4 Months Later

"Brynlee, the bar is gonna be open in time for the reception, you don't need to check on it every hour." "I know but I just wanna make sure things are going smoothly." It was finally our grand opening; it took so long to get our liquor license, let's just say government officials aren't too keen on giving two twenty year olds who have no bar experience a liquor license. I was with Reese; she was one of my bridesmaids and we were on our way to pick up the bridesmaid's dresses, but I wanted to stop at the bar and make sure everything was going okay with setting it up. I parked out front so I wouldn't get in the way of caters and event planners. Reese and I walked into the bar, Brooke was throwing orders around and there was a band playing in the background. "Brynlee what the hell are you doing here?" Brooke asked when she saw me. "I wanted to check how everything was going." "You are a control freak, go home and get ready. You're getting married in less than 3 hours." "But!." "Go!" "Fine." After Brooke almost literally pushed me out of the bar I went back to my house, so that I could get ready.

The actual wedding was being held at our ranch, so the hair and makeup artists were already here. I walked inside and Charlotte was on the phone with someone, she looked quite annoyed. Cody was sitting getting her hair done, she had curlers on top of her head. The kitchen smelt like perfumes and makeup. Considering the 5 little girls running around the house I'm gonna assume they got into the makeup and perfume. Dixie walked through the back door with Gunner, Knox, and all three dogs covered in mud. "I'm gonna kill these kids." "Yeah, I'm gonna kill my husband." Charlotte chimed in from behind us. "What did he do?" "He went to go get his tux from the dry cleaners and ended up getting a speeding ticket, with Adelaide in the car!" "Why was he speeding?" "I have literally no clue." I nodded. "Well, I guess we better get this show on the road before someone gets arrested." "Brynlee, knowing your family and Riley's please don't jinx it."

An hour and a half later my makeup and hair were done, the ceremony was gonna begin in a half hour, for the past couple minutes I've been in the living room of the house by myself, just looking at my parents wedding photo. "Bryn?" I looked behind me. Dixie and Cody were both dressed in their bridesmaid dresses. Cody was my maid of honor. "Yeah?" "The weddings starting." I nodded. I hadn't realized how much time had actually passed. "Alright. I'll see you guys out there." She smiled. I put the picture down and got ready to go out. I watched from the window as the groomsmen and bridesmaids walked down the aisle. Adelaide was next, Charlotte helped her throw petals before taking her place next to Cody, Reese and Dixie. The music started playing, and I was getting ready to go out, but something stopped me. I had nobody to walk me down the aisle. I went back over to the recliner. I couldn't walk down the aisle myself.

"Brynlee what the hell are you doing?" That was Codys voice. Dixie was with her. "Look if you're having cold feet, that's okay I'll be the getaway driver." "Dixie shut up!" "No, it's not that, I could never have cold feet. I don't have anyone to walk me down the aisle." I say that as if it mattered anymore. Riley and I were already married whether I walked down that aisle or not. "Hold on." Cody runs out of the house and into the yard. She came back with Krew. "Let me talk to Brynlee for a minute." The girls nodded and walked out. "Can you not get married without mom and dad here?" I laughed. "This is just a ceremony, one big party. Riley and I got married in secret months ago." "You're an ass." "For what?" "For not telling me." I rolled my eyes "You realizes what secret means right?" This time it was him rolling his eyes at me. "As much as that old bastard pissed me off sometimes, I wish he was here, and you know how I feel about getting married without mom." He nodded "You know I never thought I could get married without mom there, but I did, and I had a baby. I know this is different for you because dad won't be able to walk you down the aisle, but I promise mom and dad are here today." I nodded with tears in my eyes that I tried not to let fall. "Mom and dad would be so proud of you." "They would be even more proud of you Brynlee, now will you let me do the honor of walking you down the aisle?" "Of course." I followed him outside. The musician saw us and started playing again. I grabbed my bouquet from my aunt and linked my arms with Krew's. Now that I was actually out here, I could really see what Riley looked like, and he looked so good. He had a dark blue suit on and a cowboy hat. He probably would've worn jeans if I hadn't warned him not to. Krew kissed my cheek and went to stand by Parker when we got to the end of the aisle.