38 | Proposal

Anastasia's POV :

It's been a couple weeks since Claudia gave birth to her son and everything is starting to go back to normal. Kol's started showing up at the house a lot more often and Claudia's been showing up at work but she doesn't do any work since a crib is still in the process of being installed. 

She told Kol to do it, but he gets busy every time she asks. So she'll sit in my office and baby talk with Caleb the whole time.

But now I'm freaking out. I don't know how I'm gonna convince Claudia to get out of the house and where Kol wants to propose to her.

He made this plan to propose to her at the beach. There would be big glowing letters asking Claudia to marry Kol and it had to be perfect. After everything that she has been through, I want tomorrow to go perfectly.

It just has too. We can't afford any mistakes. And the worst part is, that I can't even be there. I have to drive Claudia to the beach and make sure she wears an outfit she won't regret later looking back at pictures. 

So I can't help them set up, meaning if something goes wrong. I won't be able to help, and I'll have to kill both the guys. Elijah would already be there with them as well so at least I can count on him to make sure everything happens perfectly. 

He has both Kol and Bruce wrapped around his finger to do everything he wants them to do. 

"I was thinking, want to go to the beach tomorrow. I feel like we've never gotten a day just to ourselves. I'll leave Elijah with Bruce, so it'll be just us." Claudia held her son in her arms and rocked him back and forth. 

"What about Caleb?"

"He has a dad Claudia, I don't think Kol will mind taking care of his own kid." She laughed and looked down at her son. He was so cute. He had Kol's eyes and Claudia's nose. 

He was like the perfect mix of them both. Elijah has been such a good cousin, but Claudia says they'll have a bond better than brothers.

I loved that. 

"Where are the guys?" She questioned looking around the penthouse.

"Bruce was saying something about wanting to get food, so they went to get us all food."

"Oh okay, and sure. We can go out together. I love Caleb, but I definitely need a break." Moments later the guys walk in with a couple bags of food and Bruce yells for Elijah to come downstairs.

"You didn't take Elijah with you?"

"No, I asked him if he wanted to come with but he completely ignored me. He was way too busy playing his game." He chuckled and gave me a kiss on the forehead. 

"I want to eat on the couch, so bring my food here."

"So you said to get you whatever, and I got scared I wouldn't get you the right thing. So I got you everything I think you'll like." My eyes widen as he settles two bags just for me. 

"Bruce, are you crazy. How am I gonna eat all this?"

"Claudia will help you, won't you Claudia?"

"Obviously, I'm starving." Kol takes Caleb from Claudia and gives her and the baby a peck. He puts the baby in the crib that Bruce insisted on having here. He said this was his nephew's house too and he deserved a crib here. The best idea was just to put it in the living room since none of them leave the kid unsupervised for longer than a couple minutes.

We all started eating and I crossed my legs onto the couch. Bruce sat next to me and started eating. 

Elijah came downstairs after a couple minutes with his headphones and controller still in hand. "Elijah you're done for the day, give me the headphones and controller."