40 | Epilogue

Anastasia's POV :

"Elenor, come back here." I run after my three year old daughter trying to grab my book back from her. Elijah and his little brother were playing in the narrow end of the pool and I was scared she would think this is a game and jump into the pool with the book.

Ana was swimming around since I had a trainer come and teach since Elijah wasn't doing the best job.

But he's a good big brother, he's teaching Logan how to swim since he was only five years old. He begged Elijah to get off his game and he finally agreed to teach him to swim, and so far he's been doing a perfect job. He turned 10 last week and was again addicted to the game Bruce bought him.

You'd think he wouldn't because Elijah gets addicted fast, but he said he deserved it. Couldn't disagree there.

Bruce was still at work, and he was the only one who was able to get Elenor to stop running around. She had random bursts of energy during the day, and it only happens when I am the only one around.

When Bruce is around, he'll start tickling her and she'll laugh and finally calm down. So she never really does it when he's around.

"El, come on." I chase her around the house hoping she'll get tired and give me my book back. I had to review it and send commentary in two hours and I still have half the book to finish.

My newest business partner was nothing like Mason or any of the other people I have worked with. He was a lot more harsh and he actually wanted thing done in time. I couldn't set myself up for a bad reputation so I always completed everything before the date Jalen had set up.

And that wasn't about to change today.

"I'll give you a cookie if you give mommy her book back." She stood on the other side of the couch with a little grin on her face.

"Two cookies, mommy." She pleaded and I knew I had no choice.

"Fine." She walked over and handed me my book and raised her arms in the air for me to pick her up. She was so spoiled and it was all her father's fault.

He gives her everything she wants, and that's why she gets her way with everyone. Even with her older brothers. She uses her dad against everyone and she gets literally everything. When we first had Logan, he would never let him eat sweet before dinner, and he made sure that he picked up after himself and what not.

But when Elenor was born, every rule he had set up was gone. El controlled Bruce. If she wanted a brownie before dinner, he would take her to the store and let her buy so many packets of brownies.

Logan would always look at Bruce with a glare because he knew he never got to do that. El would stick her tongue out and laugh while her father carried her away in his arms. She pretty much stole my husband.

She gets all the attention from Bruce, but I'm always his number 1 girl. That's something Elenor's just gotta live with. With her in my arms I took her back to the backyard where my boys are playing and settle her onto the same lawn chair that lets you lay back.

"Mommy, I want glasses too." I had just opened my book and had to close it again. I took her hot pink plastic glasses from the side table and settled them onto her face.

She smiled and leaned back down onto the chair. God she was such a diva. I feel sorry for the people she will date, because she is so much to handle.

"Mommy?" I groan and shut my book again. I look over at her and she gives me an innocent look. "Can I have some juice?"

"No more juice, your dad had to buy two new bottles yesterday because of you." She pouts and I hear a sniffle when I open up my book. Her juice addiction was crazy. And Bruce does nothing to stop her either.