Prologue

♠  D r o w n e d  ♠

♠  D r o w n e d  ♠

2008, San Francisco

San Francisco. Under the famous Golden Gate bridge. Below the depths of the sea and in the darkness lived a colony of a creature which was said to be a myth, a tale, scientific theories trying to prove if they ever lived. If they were real. Truth be told, sometimes, somethings are just meant to be kept in the darkness.

The CEO stood before the two men, grinning like the Cheshire cat as he passes over the bag in his hands to them.

“There's plenty more where that came from.” he puts his hands in his pocket as they searched their reward. “Nice!” one of them chuckles, searching through the bag full of money. “Tomorrow, come by and collect the rest. Daniel will keep you covered.” he nodded before leaving the two fishermen to their shenanigans that were to come with spending the cash.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” he walked over to a higher platform, calling through the mic and getting the guest's attention. “please turn your attention to the viewing window as I unveil my latest acquisition.” the guests whispered to one another, their attention all caught towards a covered up object that was tall enough to almost reach the roof.

With a nod from the businessman, a man unveils the object, it was a glass case full of water. But that was not the main thing that caught their eye, however, it was what was inside it. A mermaid. Two, on the contrary. One, a fully grown adult, another, similar to that of a child in the adult's arms. Gasps all around erupted.

Steven Jacobs grinned. Yes, this was just the start of a new chapter in his career. A higher step he would take.

The two fishermen by the corner of the room glanced at one another and back at the creatures they caught while fishing for fish, their normal tasks they acquired when they stumbled onto them. “What do you think they're gonna do to them?” one asks.

“No idea.” answered his friend.

His idea of keeping the mythical creature for a fortune would erupt chaos on humanity.

__________

“Once again, it has been proven that we know more of out our planet than our oceans. 2008, June 16, on a cloudy day, two fishermen were on their daily routines when they caught what they supposed to be a bigger fish but it turned out to be a mythical creature which was speculated if they were real or not.” the man on the news spoke in his normal emotionless voice, looking towards the screen.