006

♠   D r o w n e d   ♠

♠ D r o w n e d ♠

"You can't catch me, Caesar, I'm faster in the water!" mocked Calliope in her mermaid form as Caesar tries to catch her. Their grandfather was sat on one of the backyard chairs, watching the two play, a newspaper in his hands.

"Lets race!" Caesar challenge for the fourth time, clearly in denial of losing four times straight. The two went to the edge, "I'll give you a head start this time. Ready?" the chimp nodded and she counts down, "3, 2, 1- go!"

She let Caesar have his glory by giving him a head start and dove under the water. A few minutes and he had reached the finished line but did not see his sister in sight. He started hooted in alarm, whipping his head side to side and looking for him but could not see her anywhere.

Then, her voice came on his left ear, "Boo." Caesar pant-hooted startled as he moves away only to see his dear sister laughing, divining in the water. "Laugh all you want!" Caesar signed trying to recollect his breathing, "I won this time."

"Yeah, after I have you the victory, silly!" giggles Cal as Caesar climbs on her back. They always gave each other piggyback rides because apparently in their father's opinion who once used to give them when they were smaller: You're too old for piggyback rides, he would say.

Cal acted like somewhat of jet-ski as she swam with speed around each corner of the pool, wishing it was the ocean instead. Will had never let her swim in the ocean, fearing she would get lost. And she wanted to explore it's world under the ocean, at the same time not, because she was scared she'd wash away and never return.

She saw her father's view, coming into sight, "There you are." he sighs and the two noticed his supposed 'friend' he said he was bringing. Caesar waved at the familiar face. "Come out you two."

"Oh wow . . . ." Caroline was at lost for words seeing the innocent child she once saw in her office . . . .in a mermaid form. Will knew this would happen and alarmed her to not freak out but her eyes were at awe at her beauty. "Aren't you just a beauty." she whispers, "How are you two doing?" she greeted.

The siblings giggled beside each other as they swam over to the edge. "Very well, miss Caroline. Thank you?" Cal greeted back with a warm smile, holding onto the edge shyly at her earlier compliment. It was a brand new thing to receive compliments.

They entered the room Caesar and Calliope shared, "Good to see you again, Caroline." Charles greeted and left the Will and Caroline.

"So what's your secret?" she asks him.

"Oh, I can't take credit." Will shrugged as they watched the chimp swing from beam to beam. "It's in their genes."

"I think you're being very modest." said Caroline with a soft chuckle. "they are pretty amazing."