001

♠  D r o w n e d ♠

♠ D r o w n e d ♠

Maybe Bright Eyes was getting too paranoid? Watching over the little child of the sea was more difficult than she had thought. She was only a day old or maybe two yet she was moving frantically to each corner of the containment she was held in and too energetic at that. Her eyes kept following her little figure as she recalls what her friend told her.

'Children of the sea, my friend, have it differently than the children of land,' she recalls her friend signing. It was a wonder how they could communicate yet they were totally different species! 'from the moment they are given life they take their first swim. And when they do, they hold a spear to protect themselves.'

Bright Eyes remembered how her friend's bright indigo eyes darkened, 'Yet my little one would have no knowledge of that.'

Bright Eyes could not help but sigh, looking down at her own little one in her arms. She could relate to the female at the other end of the room, her son would not know the ways of life in the forest. But she knew one thing. That she needed to protect him from all harm. And as she promised to her dear friend, she would protect the little mermaid as well until she returned.

But she never did. As the days went by, the day of the presentation arrived. Bright Eyes kept an eye on the child of the sea as she was being lured towards the fizzy drink.

"There you go, Bright Eyes. It's your favorite fizzy soda, come on." said Franklin in attempts to lure her out her cage for the second attempt after she nearly broke Donnie's arm off.

"We should get her downstairs already." Franklin whispers to Donnie who was out of sight from the female ape but kept ready on his spot with a long stick that had a rope.

"Okay, good girl." Franklin encourage as Bright Eyes crept from her hiding spot and to the light. "come on out girl, that's right."

"That's for you. That's for-" Immediately when the ape was about to grab the drink, the door was slid open by Franklin so Donnie could capture her.

"Around the neck, Donnie-" Said Franklin in panic as Bright Eyes came into realization that she'd been tricked and the world's a place full of trickery and backstabbers. "around the neck!"

"Jesus!" Yelled Franklin as she threw the stick at Donnie making him fall on the floor and rushing back to her cage. "Donnie, hold her down, hold her down!"

"I'm gonna sedate her." Franklin grabbed a syringe and Bright Eyes saw there was no way to get back to her cage and protect her son nor the mermaid child so she attempted to make a distraction instead and she bolted away from the room. "No, no, no, no!"

"Go get help!" Franklin asked on of the scientists that worked in their station and ran over to pressing a large red button that set off the arms as the labs glows the colour blue. Franklin ran towards his colleague to help him up. "Donnie, Donnie!"