52| Goodbye

Don't play the song just yet. You'll know when it's the right moment.

Everett's eyes widen to the size of saucers as his eyes skim across the scrap of paper

I bite my lip in anticipation, waiting for him to get to the truly shocking bit. When he does, the car radio is drowned out by his gasps.

"This bitch cannot be for real. I mean 'Watch who you trust', 'Your boyfriend is a liar', 'I have eyes everywhere'. Get a fucking life, pal."

"I don't know, Ev. They seem pretty legit. The whole 'Are you wondering why your precious boyfriend is acting strange' bit is pretty scary." I admit, stopping at the traffic lights just in time to let some kids cross.

"Is someone pranking you? I mean seriously, Wills, this is some Ashton Kutcher kinds shit."

I roll my eyes and indicate left to turn into the ice rink parking lot. "Can you stop joking around please? Some crazy person mailed a threat through my door and you're blabbering on about Ashton fucking Kutcher."

"First of all," Ev holds a finger up. "Don't disrespect Ashton. He's twice the man you'll ever be."

"Lord give me strength-"

"And second of all, I am taking this seriously, Miss Grumpy Pants. Haven't you heard of comedy as a coping mechanism to trauma?"

My foot squeezes the break a little too hard when some stupid van pulls out in front of me, effectively cutting me off.

"How about you give me less comedy and more solutions? Maybe even a theory on who did this or why?"

When I got that parcel a few days ago, I didn't look that much into it.

The Vancouver Canucks merchandise with Tate's name all over it was spooky, and certainly stalker behaviour, but what really made my blood run cold was the note hiding at the bottom of the box.

The handwriting was messy- almost too jumbled to read- and the corners of the paper had chunks taken out of it like it had been bitten.

But the eeriest part was the taunting letters.

•••
To Willow

You don't know me. But I know EVERYTHING about you.

I know that you facetime your boyfriend for 2 1/2 hours every night you're apart. I know that you need to check the locks of every window and door in your apartment before you sleep. I know that you keep a picture of your Mommy dearest in the top draw of your dresser.

I know you Willow Kennedy. I have eyes everywhere. So listen to me.

WATCH WHO YOU TRUST.