08

namkyu

i don't know why, but that time during lunch made me feel a bit different around him.

that smile gave me some sort of deja vu, i couldn't understand why.

maybe he has changed...

i hope so, i really do.

maybe we can be friends again. maybe he'll apologize to me too?

the next few days, all those thoughts were crushed as he stomped on it. every single one, as if they were brittle like those dried ass leaves that fall during autumn. (bruh what)

he was so scary, how can someone look that intimidating?

"where's namkyu?" he asked one of his friends.

"huh? i haven't seen her."

please don't find me. please don't.

i was hiding under a table, hiding from him like it was some intense game of hide and seek.

these past few days, have been hell.

he always dragged me some where during lunch, forcing me to eat with him and hang out with him like couples do.

except it didn't feel couple(y) at all.

it didn't feel like he genuinely liked me or anything, it felt more like he was just doing his.. job?

"namkyu, you did this to yourself, just saying." jihyun said. yes, the table was jihyun's, and i was under it.

i quickly hushed her, "shh, please be quiet-"

"there you are." i suddenly felt a grip on my arm, pulling me out from underneath and lifting me over his shoulder as if i weighed a feather.

jesus christ, sunghoon.

"put me down, please." i asked him politely, patting his back.

"shut up."

he walked out of the classroom and set me down, holding my wrist and leading the way.

i looked at our hands. he never held mine, only my wrists.

sometimes, i'd think he secretly disliked me. i just had a feeling...

"can you let go? it hurts." i said, annoyed.

he turned back swiftly and glared once again, "what?"

i looked down, "i said it hurts." i said hesitantly.

"quit being such a baby." he scoffed, but still continued to loosen his tight grip.

he dragged me outside until we were at the school garden, near the yard. he made me sit next to him on the bench.

there was a gap between us, there always was. i played with my fingers unconsciously. it was always silent unless i asked something.