54

that day, they spent their time outside until dark. they exchanged phone numbers so that they could keep in touch.

and when they were finally saying goodbye, he gave her a small kiss on her forehead.

doing all these things... was it alright even if they had no label?

she didn't think much of it until she got home. going over her day in her head left her thinking,

kisses, hugs, hand holding...

they're all things couples do.

so does that mean they're officially dating now?

she could just ask him to make sure, but she just couldn't bring herself to do so.

but she also didn't want to assume that they were now dating without even confirming it because it'd be embarrassing if it was just her who thought that they were official.

she just sighed and hoped for the best to find her answer in the following days to come.

and so, the following days did come. sunghoon and her never really got to hangout because he always had to practice at the rink. she also couldn't watch him because she was busy taking care of her little brother.

the only time they did get to speak was through the phone at night time.

they talked about a lot of things, like family, their dreams, and more.

— on the phone

"you have a younger brother, right?" sunghoon asked curiously, "how old is he?"

"he's nine, turning ten in the summer." she giggled at the thought, "if you ever meet him, i bet you two would get along."

"how so?"

"i dunno. you guys think similarly."

sunghoon laughed, "comparing my thinking to a nine year old, really?" he teased her.

"hey!" she pouted, "he's actually quite mature for his age." she shot back, turning to her side on the bed to get more comfy.

"mhm. unlike somebody..."

"what's that supposed to mean?!" she rolled her eyes, "you're actually gonna make me hang up." she said sarcastically

"no no, i was just kidding~" he softly smiled. he was sitting at his desk with just the lamp on in his dim room. hearing her voice after practice would always soothe his exhaustion. "don't hang up." he added, slowly blinking.

she smiled at his response. "okay."

for a few moments, it was silent, and then she thought of something in her head. to strike up a new conversation, should she hint something about dating?

maybe if she talked about couple related thing, he'd say something like 'we could do that' and then she could confirm that they're dating in that way.

but then again, she didn't understand why she couldn't just ask...

she began to part her lips, but before any words could come out, sunghoon beat her to it.

"hey kyu." he said quietly.

"hm?"

he gulped before he suddenly began to stand up, turning off his lamp and pushing his chair in before getting in his bed.