CHAPTER SIX

Everyone in the room swerved in Gyeongsu’s direction

Everyone in the room swerved in Gyeongsu’s direction. His eyebrows furrowed with the stares set on him, “Why?” Gyeongsu tiredly inquired.

A gasp lets out on Suhyeon’s lips, “Blood,” She mumbled, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Gyeongsu has detected the crimson coloured liquid running from his nose down to his lips by putting his fingers on his philtrum. “Hey, hey. What’s wrong with me? Something’s wrong.” He stood from his seat, his eyes locked on his hands as veins start to appear on his arms and his pale iris slowly turns to crimson red.

Oh, shit.” Cheongsan put up with a step forward while the others took a step backwards, astonishment, mixed with fear and melancholic expression is seen in their faces.

On-jo’s hand held on Suhyeon’s wrist, inaudibly asking her to move backwards but, Suhyeon carefully removed On-jo’s grasp on her. And on Suhyeon’s peripheral vision, she saw Nayeon with a scowl on her face before she shoves Joonyeong and tells him to get rid of Gyeongsu.

“I’m not—”

“Gyeongsu, stay where you are. Step back.” On-jo stated. Fear clouded her judgement. Sure he is a friend but still is a threat to everybody, Gyeongsu can turn into a flesh-eating creature in any seconds, of course she’ll be scared.

Suhyeok and Daesu were just on the side, dashed. Struggling to sink the fact that they’ll be losing another friend.

While Hyunjae were teary-eyed. There was a part of himself that yearns that what happened today was a part of one of his nightmares before. That no one had perished. And that zombies continued to exist only in fiction materials, not in real life, and Gyeongsu is not going to turn into one of the zombies.

The man can only dream.

What On-jo said startled Gyeongsu, “I fucking swearing, I’m not!” He cried out as his frustration grew.

“I’m sorry, Gyeongsu. Please, stay back.” On-jo sobbed, as her breathing was shaky.

Suhyeon, standing next to Namra right next to the wooden cabinet, were on the verge of crying. Sure, she wasn’t close to Gyeongsu like how she is with Hyunjae, but still, he is a friend. And witnessing your friend turns into a creature with a cannibalistic tendency is something you do not want to see.