CHAPTER SEVEN

Suhyeon feels so filthy of herself

Suhyeon feels so filthy of herself. Every strand of her hair is frizzy and oily and is in need of a brush. Her face needs to be washed. She badly wants to take a warm shower and change into her comfortable clothes. Her left sleeve had a few tints of blood that she obtained earlier, her uniform has dried out from getting soggy in the cafeteria at lunch.

But what does she needs the most?

Food.

Suhyeon is famished and thirsty as hell. Cheongsan’s mom’s chicken would be nice and a glass full of soda. And just the thought of it made her stomach groan.

Suhyeon doesn’t have a clue when are they going to leave this location but, luckily, her monthly period has already passed. She would not know how to handle herself having her menstrual cycle in the middle of a zombie outbreak.

The group straddled down around the table as Hyunjae and Suhyeon leaned over the production desk jointly with Suhyeok while Wujin sat down in between Suhyeon and Suhyeok.

Cheongsan started talking about him not hearing any screams from the outside of the room after Nayeon left and Ms. Park went after her.

“Maybe they didn’t die, then? They wouldn’t have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive.” Daesu spoke with hope with the hope of Ms. Park and Nayeon are still alive and are probably hiding around.

Daesu glimpses on the ground as everyone kept their mouth close. “Why won’t you respond? No one answers me. I’m always talking to myself.” He held in a deep breath. Even Suhyeon did not speak a word just to shut down his cloud nine hopes which she usually does.

“I think you’re right,”

“Forget it,” Daesu answered back to On-jo as he sulks his lips, thinking she only spoke to make him feel better.

“I didn’t hear anything, either,” On-jo stated and Hyoryung acknowledged her statement.

“I was scared because I didn’t know how I’d feel if I heard them screaming, but I did not hear anything.” Hyoryung elaborated.