XIV. Paint Job

Chapter 14, Paint Job
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Who woke up one day and said 'not black, not white, but grey.'?! "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

I was actually looking forward to going to the gym and taking Ainsley with me, she was going to wow Javon's dad, DJ, and she was going to have a coach to train her.
But my plans were foiled when the sunny days were replaced with a cloudy sky and lightning bolts flickering.

I was slightly disappointed but decided I could catch up on some sleep, so took my hair out of my ponytail and went back to bed.
I'm sure we could meet up again next week since the weather app said it would be raining all week, bold of me to truth the app, I know.

But I hate watching the news, just last week it showed an old lady trying to hit some biker with her cane because he had tattoos and piercings, which in her words 'were upsetting her emotional support rat, momo.'

My mind was running free, I didn't like it.
I wanted to have time to relax and sleep and get my things together but if didn't work.
I walked to my bathroom and popped an insomnia pill and went back to bed, waiting for the pill to kick in was killer but very worth it once it did.
I closed my eyes and immediately began to dream of different things.

After a few hours, I woke up to the sound of knocking.
I groaned and looked at my digital light green clock, it was around 2:12 PM.

I got up and brushed my teeth, when I came out of my bathroom, Jayla and Daelo were sitting on my bed.
I have never felt more happy in my life, I quickly went up to them and hugged tightly.

"How'd you get here? It's literally raining."

I asked as I grabbed Daelo and hugged him, he is my favorite Walton besides Jayla.
He smiled and kissed my forehead which made me smile, he's always been the affectionate one.

"Family's downstairs, your mom invited us for dinner and some movies."

I nodded and smiled, we began to talk about different things.
After a bit, I noticed my paint on my walls were chipping.
The colors were baby blue but they were barely there.

"How about, my mom takes us to home Depot and we can redecorate my room? I can change my queen sized bed to a twin size and get an extra one for when you sleep over."

Jayla smiled at my idea and took my hand, we ran downstairs as fast as we could.
We ran into the living room where I was greeted by Mr and Mrs Walton.

"Hey Natalie, how have you been?"

Mrs Walton asked politely as I gave her a hug, I'm not sure if Jayla told them or not but I decided that I'd give them an answer that didn't mention anything.

"I've been better but with your daughter here everything's amazing."

I answered as I hugged Mr Walton and looked back at Jayla who smiled at my compliment.
I was going to say hi to Javon when I noticed another boy next to him, he must've been his twin brother.

"Hey, I don't think we've met before, I'm Natalie James."

I introduced myself to the boy who looked up from his phone and smiled, he took his hand out and shook mine.

"I'm Jaden, Javon's twin brother. It's nice to meet you."

I smiled back at him and watched as my mom walk into the room, i practically sprinted over to her.
She smiled at my quickness and kissed my forehead.

"Slow down honey, don't want you to get hurt."

She said as she grabbed my hand and walked me over to the couch.

"Can we redecorate my room? It'll be like a family and friends project."

I said which to my surprise came out faster than planned, I wasn't sure if she caught what I said since she looked like she was processing everything.
Soon after a smile grew on her face and nodded but she looked over the Waltons.

"Jessica, DJ, does that seem like a good idea?"

Mom asked politely as she stood up to walk over to them.

"Well why not? I mean Jayla practically begs to live here because of Natalie's presence."

Jessica laughed as she finished her sentence, I smiled and watched as my mom grabbed her car keys.
We all got up and got into our cars, driving to home Depot first to grab paint.

Once we got to the parking lot and got out the car, Jayla and I sprinted inside, running straight to where the paints are.
Since Jayla would be spending nights here, we had to agree on a color.

"Hm, not orange, seems tacky."

I agreed with Jayla's statement, baby orange would be cute but it would certainly clash if I chose something else for my bedroom set.
I looked around and found a cute sage green color but Jayla didn't agree on it.

"What about grey?"

I looked at Jayla like she had four heads because there was no way in hell that I would paint our room grey, it just didn't feel right nor would it fit the vibes we had together.

"No way, grey and I have a love-hate relationship that is leaning more to the hate side."

I replied which made her chuckle at my response, I smiled and watched as Javon, Jaden and Garrett approached us.

" Who woke up one day and said 'not black, not white but grey.' !? "

I said as we continued to look through colors which made all four of them laugh.

Soon we agreed on the color lavender, it was calming and definitely gorgeous.
After we bought the paint and the things required, we went to Walmart, Target and Dollar Tree to get random things that would look amazing in the room.

We got back home and began to remove things out of my room, we painted for a bit and order some pizza.
After the paint dried, we put the two twin beds together and continued decorating.

We had records on the all, vines, LEDs, posters of 80s and 90s singers and actors, posters of Euphoria and made sure it looked amazing.
I was proud of it and so was Jayla, this was an amazing job well done by two separate families.

Jayla and I spoke about life, she was thinking about going to a college that wouldn't be far from here and she gave me tips for highschool.
She truly is an amazing best friend, yeah I said it, she's my best friend.