XL. Euphoria

Chapter 40, Euphoria
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" We used to be best friends, then someone came along and we fell apart. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

We finally landed, I grabbed my things and got off the plane.
I waited for Jayla and Jaden, once they came out, we walked out of the airport and called an Uber.

We got inside of the Uber and gave them the directions to where the Euphoria set is, I was quite excited to meet everyone.
They seemed so chill and fun to be around when you watch the behind the scenes moments.

I got so nervous when we arrived, we got out the car.
I grabbed my luggage and placed it in my trailer before walking onto the set, everyone was there.

"You must be Natalie James, I'm Zendaya."

I smiled and looked at her in awe, she was much prettier in real life than on screens.
I shook her hand and greeted everyone, so far Angus and I hit it off really well.

After an hour or two, Javon and Lola walk on set.
Everyone greeted the two regularly considering they already knew who the two were.
I was a tad bit uncomfortable, the sun began to set and the two were growing close.

I grabbed my phone and left the set, I was walking to my trailer when I heard my name being called.
Angus ran up to me, I laughed as he bent over to catch his breath.

"Wanna, talk?"

He said breathlessly, I nodded and grabbed his hand.
We walked away from the whole set and trailers, we found ourselves on the sidewalk.

"You and Javon seem tense around each other, is because of his girlfriend?"

The words stabbed me a million times, but I couldn't pretend to be surprised even if I was paid to do it.
Nothing in the world could relieve the new found pain in my heart and soul.

" We used to be best friends, then someone came along and we fell apart. "

I answered softly, I could feel myself wanting to cry again but I just couldn't.
I didn't want to seem like a cry baby, so I sucked it up and took a deep breath.

Angus hugged me tightly, I hugged back.
This was what I needed, comfort to make me feel like I wasn't insane.
But no matter how much comfort I could get from people, I'll never get the one I wanted from the special person.

In my head I knew I should hate him with all my heart, make him regret everything he made me feel, make him hurt the way I did.
But in my heart?

In my heart I loved him, I loved him so much that it was suffocating.
I wanted him to kiss me until we were out of breath, I wanted him to hug me until our muscles hurt.

"I fell in love with someone who fell in love with someone else."

I finally admitted, Angus smiled and rubbed my back.
I don't think I could ever hate him, it sounds cliché but it was true.

"Happens to the best of us."

Angus said kissing my forehead, we had only known each other for about three or five hours but he made it feel like we have known each other for years.
We continued walking around until we got to a diner, we walked inside and sat down.

"Welcome to Kathy's Dine N Dish, what can I get you started honey?"

The old lady names Myrtle asked calmly, taking out her note pad to write our orders down.
Angus ordered a burger with fries and a strawberry milkshake.

"And for your kid?"

Angus smiled and gave her my order which was a sandwich and vanilla milkshake.
We didn't correct the lady because I liked how it sounded, he was calm about it too.

We ate and we left to go back to our trailers, I found myself growing exhausted.
I haven't had a good sleep in weeks.

I slowly closed my eyes as we walked, I soon felt my legs being swept off from the ground.
I opened my eyes to notice Angus carrying me, I laid my head on his shoulder smiling.

He opened my trailer and laid me on the bed, taking my shoes and socks off.
Angus covered me with a blanket and kissed my forehead once more before turning off the light and closing the door to my trailer.

Every thing replayed in my head, I missed Javon and I missed having notes to look forward to.
But it was too late, there wasn't much for me to do.

He made his move and I made mine.
I just had to be the first get checkmate to win the game of life.