XLIII. Real Mature

Chapter 43, Real Mature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Arguing with me over the phone over your girlfriend, real mature. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"Angus, do you want another strawberry milkshake or a vanilla one?"

I asked as I was driving to a diner with a drive-thru.
I was on face time with Angus, he wanted to make sure I arrived and left safely.

Over the past month, we have grown super close.
I told him everything and he did the same, we were there for each other and I always loved that from him.

"Strawberry is like amazing NJ, come on man."

I laughed and nodded, vanilla milkshakes were my favorite.
They were so good that I dipped my fries in them and they still tasted heavenly.

We were cracking jokes when someone began to call me, I checked my phone and notice it was Javon.
I rolled my eyes and scoffed, what could he possibly want?

Another reason to break my heart again?

"Cloud man, I gotta call you back. Lord farquaad is calling me and you know your highness can't wait."

Angus laughed and said goodbye before i hung up, I answered his call and we were on face time.
He looked pissed off, not that I cared to be honest.

"You and Lola had an argument."

I cringed at the hearing of her name but nodded, keeping my eyes on the road so I didn't crash.

"Did you put your hands on her?"

The question made my blood boil, I wish I did but I didn't out of respect because of their relationship.
I took a quick glance at my phone and then continued driving.

"I shoved her hands off of my wrist, why?"

I asked now intrigued, there had to be some type of lie since with this girl nothing was ever enough.
He looked even more angry, I couldn't help but laugh since he reminded me of an angry dog that was cute.

"It's not funny Natalie, she said you shoved her."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, I wasn't even fazed about it.
I told you that she was going to lie, I'm used to it anyways.

"I didn't shove her, I shoved her hand. Get it right before you jump to conclusions."

I was trying to bite my tongue, I didn't want to say anything I know I would regret.
He kept rambling on about how I should keep my hands to myself and that she was trying to be nice to me but I couldn't handle that.

"God, you're so obsessed with me huh?"

Now that was the end of my biting tongue, I wasn't the slightest bit of obsessed.
I wanted to be with him but since his loser of a girlfriend, I backed off but it's obvious I should run off the face of the world.

"You're kidding me!? I'm obsessed with you? Do you even hear yourself Javon, you don't exist to me and you never will."

I said, this words hurt me more than it should have but it better hurt him even more.
He deserves to know the pain I felt even if it meant I had to lie to make him feel it.

"God, you're immature Natalie."

" Arguing over the phone with me over your girlfriend, real mature. "

I scoffer as I finished the sentence, at the moment Watch by Billie Eilish began.
I was so angry with him, I mean how could someone be so stupid?

"At least I can let someone go!"

Before I looked at my phone and glared at him.

"Screw you!"

I shouted back at him, I heard honking and I looked up, there was a truck coming fast towards me.
Right then, the pre-chorus of Watch played.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion.

I sit and watch your car burn, with the fire that you started in me but you never came back to put it out.

I swerved away from the car, I lost control of the car for a moment.
My heart rate increased and I felt like I was going to die, I nearly crashed into a tree but I swerved just in time.

My phone fell out of the stand, I stopped the car fast and I hit my head.
I sat there and took a deep breath, I grabbed my phone.

With the impact, I must've hung up by mistake.

Angus is gonna kill me.