I'm Sorry

I watched with an amused expression as Jack and his father argued.

"-if we go here, we'd be out in the open." Jack spat, glaring at Teague.

"It makes sense. We could-" Teague started to say but then Jack cut him off.

"No. No. No. We stay hidden," Jack snarled, stabbing a point on the map, that was laid out between them, with a knife. "And that's final."

Nick walked in, disguised his laugh as a cough, and looked at Teague.

"Yes?" Teague growled, his voice heavy with agitation.

"There is another ship, in the distance." Nicks face was like stone, but his eyes were laughing.

"What does it look like?" Jack sighed, turning his attention away from the map and focusing on Nick.

"Similar to the Pearl, black sails, not quite as-"

I took the glass that Jack's father offered to me and was lifting it to my lips, but then stopped as Jack started to speak.

"The Hesitant Gaylien." Jack cut in, rubbing his forehead. "There's only one ship that looks like The Pearl, and that's the one."

"Well, what are we going to do?"

Jack turned around and looked at me, his expression thoughtful. "We are going after the ship."

I choked on the water that I had started to swallow, and looked up at Jack.

"What?" I rasped.

"Love, we are going after the Hesitant Gaylien," Jack repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Don't question me." He snapped, turning on his heel and walking to the other side of the ship.

"We will assemble a crew to go and take the ship." Jack walked back to where I stood, his eyes scanning the crew. "Nick, (y/n), Mr. Gibbs, and myself."

"Nick? Really?" I murmured, glancing over at Jack.

Jack nodded, his locks bouncing against his shoulders. "If anyone dies, he will be the first."

Jack's words sent chills up my spine as I looked into his determined eyes.

"Okay." I said softly as he took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

He walked out of the cabin and I followed him, not entirely sure what was going to happen.

"Jack?"

"Yes love?"

"Are you sure this is going to work?"

"Aye. Do you doubt me?" He tilted his head and looked down at me.

My (e/c) eyes snapped up to his and I hesitate a moment before answering. "No, but I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'll be fine, love," He kissed my temple, then continued walking down the passageway.

I followed Jack, keeping close to him, my chin nearly touching his shoulder.

"Jack... Shouldn't she stay here?" Nick inquired, looking at me.

"No, she is coming with me." Jack answered without looking at Nick.

"Whatever you say."

Jack took my hand and uncurled my fist and threaded his fingers through mine.

"Relax, love."

I rested my chin on top of his shoulder and squeezed his hand.

Jack let go of my hand and took off his cloak, turning around and draping it over my shoulders.

"There." He smiled softly down at me.

I wrapped my arms around torso and buried my face into his chest.

All too soon, we were on a dingy and headed to the Hesitant Gaylien, the dark shape of the ship looming in front of us.

Jack was alert, but calm at the same time. His hat shadowed his face but I could feel his eyes on me.

I pulled his cloak tighter around me and shivered.

"It'll be over soon love." Jack breathed in my ear.

"How many people are on it?" Nick asked, a hint of anxiety in his smooth voice.

"Only a few... I hope." Jack trailed off as we got closer to the ship.

I clutched his arm, fear cursing through my veins.

"I'll protect you, love." He whispered in my ear as he sank down besides me and slipped and arm around my shoulder.

"I'm scared, Jack."

"I know you are love. But you gotta trust me on this one."

I buried my face into his chest and breathed in his scent.

"Here." He nudged my shoulder and handed my something.

"What is it?" I asked, sniffing the liquid.

"It will help you calm down, trust me."

I shrugged and raised the glass to my lips and drank it in two swallows.

Suddenly, the world started tilting to the right, and my vision started to go blurry.

"J-Jack... Th-there was some-something..." It was getting hard to form words to be able to talk.

I reached out for Jack, and fell into his arms as blackness descended on me. "I'm sorry love. But I don't want you to see this." He whispered before I went unconscious.