three

RILEY's POV

"I am bored," I say about five minutes later.

"You didn't bring your phone. That's your fault."

"I was only going downstairs for coffee."

"Not my fault."

"You're mean," I mumble.

"I prefer the term uninterested," He monotonously says.

"Why won't you talk to me? We could have fun," He raises his eyebrows at the last part.

I cringe in disgust, "Not like that you perv."

He smirks, "I didn't do anything you said it."

I lean my head back against the elevator side and slide slowly down to sit down. "This will be the end of my time."

"So dramatic," He scoffs.

I glare up at him, "Either be nice and talk to me or shut the hell up and play on your phone," I snap.

He raises his eyebrows at my tone but, nonetheless goes back onto his phone.

About 20 minutes later, he groans and stuffs his phone in his pocket. "My phone died," He grumbled.

I smirk, "Karma."

"Karma," He mocks me.

I narrow my eyes at him, "Did you see the time before it died?"

"I think it was close to 12."

I groan, hitting the back of my head against the elevator side repeatedly.

"If you are trying to kill yourself I don't think that will work."

I snarl, "I had breakfast plans with Auston at 11:30."

He groans and does the same action I was doing moments ago, "You're a Flames and Leafs fan?"

I smirk, "And Senators," I add. "And Bruins and Islanders. I like any team really, I am supposed to like the Flames and Senators the most but, I will watch anything."

He looks absolutely disgusted at me, "You were designed to be the person I hate the most."

I wink and blow him a kiss. He looks even more disgusted.

"I do watch the oilers sometimes but, I am a little biased. I don't like some of your teammates," I say, thinking of Kassian.

"Is there any team you don't like?" He asks.

"Florida teams, absolutely hate both of them. The Kings just upset me for some reason. I hate the Rangers with a burning passion but, that's just because I like the Islanders."

"You talk a lot," He notes.

I shrugged, "You asked."

I close my eyes, assuming he was done talking to me. I still feel his eyes on me, his curious gaze going up and down my body.

"Why are you supposed to like the Flames and Senators?" He asks, sounding genuinely curious.

I peep one eye open and smirk, "You'll find out."

He scoffs.

I pat his shoulder, "You seem smart you might figure it out."

His eyes bounce between my hand on his shoulder and my face. He doesn't look disgusted by me anymore, at least as I can tell. But, he does look like something. I slowly and awkwardly pull back my hand. "Sorry," I cough. "I get awkward around new people and tend to forget boundaries."

He doesn't say anything but, he doesn't say anything mean.

It was silent, not an awkward silence like before. A peaceful comforting silence. It was nice, his presence felt comforting.

"You never told me your name," He murmurs.

I laugh, "Riley," I held out my hand for him to shake.

He takes my hand and shakes it, "I'm Leon," He half-smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Leon," I smile.

"Can't say quite the same yet," He jokes. I laugh.

"I think you might be able to in the future," I tease.

He raises an eyebrow at me, "Oh? In the future? We're going to see each other again."

"Never know but, I have a feeling we do."

He hums, "I will be looking forward to that," He says while looking me in the eyes.