forty three

I groan as I feel the sun beaming down on my face. I pull the covers over my face and turn away from the window. My face was snuggled into Leon's side. He places his hand on my hip, groaning too and slipping under the covers.

"What did we do last night?" He croaks his voice gravely from our late night out last night.

I mumbled incoherent words, guessing that he will understand. He doesn't but takes it that I don't know either.

We lay together, intertwined for a little bit. Trying to nurse our hungover state before facing the real world.

Our peaceful moments were interrupted by a phone ringing very loudly. We both groan, moving around to cover our ears from the sound. "Is that my phone?" I ask, groggily.

"No, that's not my ringtone," Leon mumbles. I whine at the thought of leaving our bed 'fort.' But nonetheless I pull the cover down and reach over to my side table to grab my phone.

I answer it without looking at the ID, "Hello," I mumble. I answered with silence for a couple of seconds.

"Where are you?" Matthew asked. But, he didn't sound normal, I could immediately tell that he was angry.

I sit up in bed, cautious about why he's asking me that. "Why?"

"Where are you?" He calmly asks.

"My boyfriend's house," I say.

"Come home, Riley. Now." He demands before hanging up.

I pull my phone away from my ear and look at it. My eyes widened at every notification.

'idiot #1' 28 new messages
'favorite sibling' 16 new messages
@user commented 'zack kassian and riley tkachuk in the same picture, didn't see that coming'
@user commented '@drat_29 this you?'
@oilerswags liked this post

"Shit, shit, shit," I curse. I slap Leon's thigh to wake him up. He shoots up and immediately starts looking around, alarmed. I shove my phone in his face, to show him the notifications.

His face drops and he slowly turns to me. "What did we do last night?"

"We're done for. He found out," I stress while placing my face in my hands. "We had a great time together Leon, but we're done after this. We are so screwed."

He immediately jumps to comfort me, "Hey, hey, no. We are not breaking up because of your brother, I refuse. You go home, talk it out with him, and we will be fine no matter what he says."

I look at him with hearts in my eyes, "You're too perfect," I sniffle.

He rolls his eyes and pulls me into a hug, "We're going to be fine," He reassured me. I nod into his chest.

"We are going to be fine," I repeat his words while pulling myself out of his embrace.

"Yes," He says while looking me in the eyes and kissing my forehead. I get out of our bed and immediately go to his closet, grabbing one of his hoodies. But, not before checking that it was an Oilers hoodie, that probably wouldn't be good.

I walk out of his closet with his hoodie on, Leon raises an eyebrow. "I need you there with me, so hoodie," I state matter-of-factly. A smirk tugs at his lips.

I gather my things from around his house and go to Leon in the kitchen to say goodbye.

"Bye Leonie," I give him a peck on the lips. He rolls his eyes at the nickname, but he still has a smile on his face.

"Ich liebe dich," He mumbles against my lips.

"I still don't know what that means," I whine. "You say it all the time, so why don't you tell me?"

He shrugs and opens my car door, signaling that he's never going to tell me. I groan at his stubbornness.

I get in my car reluctantly and drive away from my comfort and towards the one person who could ruin all of that.

______

"Matty, where are you?" I call out into the apartment.

"Living room," He yells back.

I slowly walk to the living room, I see him sitting on the couch with his arms crossed and a not-happy expression on his face.

"Hey," I say, trying to start this casually.

"You're hanging out with the Oilers?" He jumps right in. "You're friends with Kassian? The same guy who has kicked my ass multiple times."

"He's a cool guy," I say weakly.

"What happened to family before everybody?" He yells.

"That still stands but not everything revolves around you, Matthew," I snap back at him. "You provoked him and he beat your ass. That's on the ice."

"Now you're defending him."

I groan at his childish attitude, "No I am not. Not everything revolves around you. I didn't befriend him just to annoy you. That probably cross your mind didn't it?" I accuse him.

He stays silent, confirming my thoughts. I shake my head, annoyed at him. He seems to snap out of his guilt quickly.

"Don't turn this around on me! What kind of boyfriend do you have? How close is he to the Oilers for you guys to go after games with them?"

I stand there, still and silent. "What?" I ask astonished.

"Is your boyfriend that big of an Oilers that he knows the players?"

My eyes are wide and my mind is fucking blown at the stupidity of his brain.

He stands there waiting for my answer. "Yeah," I blurt out. "He's close to McDavid," I smirk at the joke.

His eyebrows shoot up, "So your dating a fucking Oilers super-fan and he's besties with McDavid? What the fuck, Riley?"

"I wouldn't say bestie. Draisaitl is his bestie," I continue to make this worse for myself.

"Oh, because you hang out with McDavid and Draisaitl so much that you know they are besties," He scoffs.

"Common knowledge really," I mumble.

"Stop making jokes, I'm not letting this go," He points out.

"It's my life, Matty," I state.

"You're not allowed to leave me for the Oilers though," He whines.

I pull him in a hug, "Never," I mumble into his shoulder. "You're always going to be my lil bro," I tease him.

He is silent for a moment then says, "If I see Zack Kassian or any Oiler in my house I will disown you."

I think about the multiple times Leon has been over here and I cringe.

"Dramatic," I tease, trying to ignore my inner thoughts.

"Wouldn't be me without it."

"Sadly," I say awkwardly.

One thing I have learned in the past hour is that I am never telling Matthew that I am dating Leon.