prologue

~~~

"Hurry up Noor, I have to show you something!"

"Hiccup! My feet are still hurting from the long hiking trip you wanted to take last night-"

"Yeah, you didn't even last long because when we finally took a 'break'- it technically was just you randomly falling asleep out of nowhere!" She threw the boy a small glare.

"This girl needs her beauty sleep! So if you take it away from her, you face consequences..." They both laughed as the memory from last night rushed back to them.

"This is my life now!" She exclaimed, falling against a tree- dramatically placing a hand on her forehead. He stops and looks at his best friend with a deadpan expression, rolling his eyes.

"I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it."

"Shut up. We've only been hiking for twenty minutes." She let out a fake cry and fell to the ground. He huffed and watched as her eyes started to drop, and let out a loud yawn.

"Guess we'll wait till tomorrow then" He said with a chuckle, sitting beside her and he let himself fall asleep with his head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah whatever" They continued their walk and Noor's name started to be called.

"Noor!" Both of them sighed. They both were the age of 12 and so that started to take on responsibilities. Mostly for Hiccup, since he was the chief's son.

"Sorry Hic, I gotta go- it's my mum. Since this morning, my parents have been acting weird and polite to me... I honestly think they did something or are going to do something" Hiccup laughs, as she smiles with a chuckle.

"Well keep me updated, alright?" Hiccup assures, and she nods running off back to the village.

~

"You told me to meet you here... W-what's up?" Hiccup asks, trying to hide his nervousness from her. He saw that her face looked tear stained and depressed.

"Hey, what's wrong? What happened?!" He urgently asks, engaging her into a hug. He pulls away, keeping his hands set on her arms.

They were technically born best friends. Only he was born a couple hours before she was. Their mom and dads were best friends, so then they hung out literally 24/7. As they started to grow up, there wasn't a chance you never saw one without the other.

She would make fun of him all the time, since she was like two inches taller than him and how scrawny he was. But that only made him make fun of her platinum blonde hair and big eyes. So they perfectly balanced each other out.

One knew everything about the other. There was a time that they got into a huge fight about Hiccup liking Astrid- and Noor didn't like how he liked someone that was rude to him. But no one knew the real reason why they weren't talking to each other, but it was only a week till they started talking again.