012. ❛ the letter ❜

H I C C U P

"Noor! No time to waste but we have to go!"

Wait- she's leaving?

Her eyebrows furrow, and looks into my eyes worriedly.

"Your leaving?" I ask her and she's breathless, she doesn't know what to say.

"No- yes- maybe? This is news to me too" She jumps off the counter and goes around me. I follow her in a rush as she walks up to her mother and brother.

"Mom what do you mean we have to go?-"

"Ow!" A terrible terror drops a note on her head, and she groans, rubbing her head. I pick up the note that fell on the ground, and examine it closely.

It was a scroll, with a black tie around it. I couldn't help but try to take a glimpse in the scroll to see some writing.

"Who's it from?"

"I don't know-" She softly takes it from my hands and unties the knot. She opens it and starts reading it, her eyes widening the minute. My eyebrows started to furrow as her mom started to grow nervous.

"What's it about-"

"Nothing." She quickly says and rolls the paper up, not allowing me to even glance at it. Her breath shudders a terrified gasp and nods to her mother.

"We'll leave in the morning" She mutters, stuffing the paper in pocket.

"Noor-" Before I could say anything else, she turns around and walks away.

I stand there confused and look back at her family and friends. They all seemed suddenly nervous and scared, looking in the direction where Noor left too.

"Do you guys-"

"Nope"

"I think Valka is calling me-"

"I don't really know you-"

"No"

"I'm exhausted, the beds are calling me" I look at all them as they all say several excuses, avoiding my view and walking in all different directions.

"Okay..."

~

"What happened today was weird right?" We were back in the Great Hall, I was about to go and see if Noor was okay but her mother told me just to let her be for awhile. Now I'm back eating, sitting in front of Astrid and Eret.

"What's weird?" Astird asks before chugging a mug of Yaknog. I tried to keep a straight as she had no reaction to it, and Eret looked at her lovingly.

"I think he's talking about how Noor and her family mood changed after getting that letter from that terrible terror"