Chapter 4

By 7:00, I was ready to go and even more ready to get drunk. My entire body felt tired, sore, and worn out.

My hair was curled and my makeup was done and I wore like six inch black heels to match my dress.

I took a deep breath before stepping away from the mirror and heading toward the door.

I figured out before, that I was in the basement of the medical center of the pack. After creeping through room after room I finally found everything I needed, thanks to some girl on the floor above me. We had the same skin tone and I'll say she has good taste in makeup.

I made my way out the front door of the center with only a few people noticing me. I ignored all of them and thankfully none of them were doctors.

I figured Alex would be at her house since she wouldn't want to go anywhere near Lucy's pink jungle of a bedroom.

By the time I got to her front door, my heels were off and I was cursing myself for not having my phone or car keys. This trip was going to by the end of me.

I was just in time to see Alex and Lucy getting in the car. Alex got in with out even noticing me but Lucy saw me and looked about as pale as a ghost.

She probably thinks I am a ghost.

"Close you mouth or I'll close it for you." I snapped and she immediately closed it and took a step away from me.

"H- how..... But..... I thought you weren't okay." She stuttered.

"I'm not." I muttered before sliding into the front seat of Alex's car.

I situated myself before looking over at her expectantly.

"If you don't pull out of the driveway now we're going to be late." I said. She just stared at me before a smile took over her face and she squealed.

She pulled out if the driveway, leaving Lucy standing there with a bewildered look on her face. I waved to her and kinda felt back for being a bitch to her but I couldn't care less at that moment.

Alex started laughing and laughing and soon I couldn't help but laugh either and it felt good. We probably were laughing for no apperent reason beside the fact that we are on our way to a party with 10 other packs from the area.

"I cannot believe you are here right now!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, well, there was no way in hell I would let Lucy go to this party with you and not me." Call it jealousy if you please, but I just wouldn't stand for it.

I looked over to see a huge smile on her face.

"I'm so glad you're better!" Her eyes widened. "Wait, did you tell Alpha you are awake?"

I shook my head and a little guilt went through me knowing that I kinda just left and didn't say anything to him. I mean, he was really worried about me.

"I guess I should have said something."

She nodded and passed me her phone. I dialed his number and he answered on the first ring.

"Any news?"

"Yep. I'm awake and on my way to a party." I said simply.

"WHAT!?!!" I pulled the phone away from my ear. "How did you get out of the medical center?"

"Um, I walked?"

"Damn it, I told them not to let you leave!"

"Brad, you need to calm down I'm fine and I snuck out anyway." We pulled up to a house already packed with cars. "And I have to go. I just thought you would want to know I'm awake from me instead of finding an empty bed. So I'll see you later tonight, okay? Bye."

"Katherine don't you dare hang up-" he yelled into the phone and the end button cut him off.

We sat in silence for a minute.

"I'm in so much shit for this aren't I?" I asked.

She nodded. "But it will be worth it. Let's go!"

We both put our shoes on and made our way to the front door.