10. You wouldn't dare.

Levi.

This is a bad idea.

"You think I don't know that? Damn it!" I curse, and my jaw clenches. Somehow the wolf inside me has a way of annoying me by bringing up unnecessary comments in situations like these.

I cross paths with a couple walking their dog, they stare at me like I'm the most unusual specimen they've ever seen, yet I spare them not even a glance. My head is spinning and I think I'm going to pass out.

"Is he alright?" the woman whispers once they feel like they're out of earshot. Nah, it doesn't work that way with us, we can hear you whispering from a thousand miles away.

"Just teenagers, he's probably high or something," the man speaks, assuring his wife. Are they even married?

Wow. Humans, always judging before they know anything about you. It's the trait I hate most about the mortals, they will always judge you.

"You should turn back now," Lawd presses.

"Can you just stop?" I mumble, irritated. I'm already in a tight situation as it is and he isn't making any of this better. I know this is the worst idea ever drawn but I have no choice. I need to save.

I walk faster through the dark, empty sidewalk. I know I'm close because the environment suddenly shifts from the cold evening breeze to a thick, very dark, very uncomfortable, and very annoying aura. I have only been here once but there's no way to get rid of the map in my head.

"What are you thinking, you idiot? It's dangerous," Lawd gets more annoying by the minute. The worst part is he can hear my thoughts, it's as if we have the same brain but it has a mind of its own - like now when he won't cooperate.

"Not now," I mumble under my breath. I clench my fists until my knuckles are pale - not on the top list of my problems right now, though.

"Let me out," he growls.

"No. Stop," I snarl, trying to keep him inside because I know as soon as I let him out, all this will be an ambush. Weirdly, the amount of chaos Lawd can cause in just one leap of breaking free is lethal.

"Fine, go ahead and die." He settles. Though he is playing tricks on me, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. We both know this is a pathetic idea, it won't end well and I have no inkling as to why I agreed to this; rescuing another human - who came to a party of her own accord.

My life sucks. I'm only doing this for Barbara and Sandy... just them.

"Why are you bringing her up?" Lawd asks.

How do I hide things from this guy? Why is he even talking to me, this should be illegal. The pack needs to make a law against this - oh shit, I don't belong to one. I scoff and drift my thoughts away from that painful, yet relieving fact.

"You're just going to ignore me?"

"Yes," I respond. Every time he is talking I'm the one saying things out loud and I seem like a lunatic to the entire world.

"Lexi would not have let you-"

"Don't fucking bring her into this," I growl, my breath hitching from the mention of her name.

He will not play the Lexi card, not now when my life is on the line.

"You're getting close," he reminds me like I don't have eyes.

The closer I get, the more audible and clearer I can hear the voices inside the huge vampire mansion. It's in the middle of the woods, like my previous home before we moved out with Sandy. Except the woods here are dark and cursed, I'd never play in these. Goosebumps sprawl from my warm skin, not because I'm cold, but because I dread this place. The mere fact that I'm into the bloodsucker's territory is unnerving.

I stand my ground though. Even when it's so quiet, I know they are aware of an invasion. It's only a matter of time before they act on it and tear me into small pieces.

I observe how the wind blows and the indistinct sound of the crazy music and loud teenagers. I wait a moment. I'm looking for one very specific voice - her voice. I can't hear it inside the house, so I walk further into the woods. Then it comes to my ears like she's whispering right in them.

I can hear her heart beating erratically. She is not alone and I know it's one of those dead bloodsuckers with her. I carefully squint my eyes which I suppose by now are shining with a deep gold rim.

"What...stop," Ivy's voice comes out ragged but she giggles afterward.

My eyebrows marry and I wonder what is going on. Although I'm aware of the crashing sound the leaves make as I step on them, I'm more concerned with what is happening to Ivy. From the exuberance in her voice, I can tell she is not hurt, at least not yet.

"Look at me Ivy," another voice echoes in the dark woods.

His voice.

My heart suddenly clenches and I can't help the deja vu. The usual unfamiliar feeling - the disdain I feel for Adam grows vaster each day I lay my eyes on him. It's now building up through my veins.

"Why did you kiss me? Eve, what if she finds out?" Ivy asks, her heartbeat still as fast as before.

I hide behind a tall tree and only peek at the scenario: Ivy is pressed against the tree and Adam - fucking Adam has one of his a hand pin both hers over her head, and the other hand is on her neck.

I purse my lips to steady my breath. Upset is an understatement for what I'm feeling right now.

"I don't care about, Eve," Adam says. "Not right now at least, I care about you and how you will slowly die by teeth in your neck." He breaths out heavily. I can tell he has been fighting back the urge to dig into her neck. How long have they been out here anyway?

"W-what do you mean?" Ivy asks, poor, naive, Ivy.

"Kiss me one last time, Ivy," Adam utters, resting his forehead over hers before snatching her lips into another deeper kiss.

Gross. My stomach turns, I want to throw up and I will ask Ivy how it feels like to kiss a dead....thing.

I watch when his lips leave her lips and travel to her ear, he sniffs in her scent like a fucking pervert for a moment. Like he is battling with himself whether to do it or not. Finally, his face contorts, his fangs appear when he opens his mouth and with force, he turns Ivy's head so her neck is on full display.

"Adam? What are you doing?" I can hear Ivy's scared little voice coming out as a whimper.

"Putting you to sleep, now keep calm," Adam orders, and I can tell he has fully manipulated Ivy's mind because she stops struggling. Her heartbeat is slow and feeble and Adam is ready to dig his fangs into her skin.

Show time.

"You wouldn't dare!"

##