15. You smell like her.

Eve.

A smile spreads on my pretty face when I spot my prince charming. He walks over to where I'm standing with the other wild and drunk girls, then leans in.

"We need to talk," he whispers and I furrow my eyebrows but I climb down my chair and follow him to his room, which is our room most of the time.

"Is it done?" I question, excitement is clear in my voice and I can't hold myself together.

"No," he growls and unbuttons his white shirt. It looks stained with dirt but I look at the major issue at hand.

"What do you mean, no? What happened?"

"Levi, fucking Levi happened," he says, throwing the poor shirt to the floor with nothing but rage.

I want to reach out and touch him but that's not wise for now. He is angry and I for one know exactly how bad it can get when he's on edge. How did Levi know? Oh, of course, he knew. That stupid wolf. Too sensitive for no good reason and sticking his nose where he shouldn't be sniffing.

"Explain." I fold my arms over my chest. I'd like to know exactly how Levi, the widower wolf managed to beat Adam, the almighty Adam with a mouth like no other and a caning yet crooked mind. It is almost unbelievable.

"What do you think happened, Eve? He fucking stabbed me and ran away with her." He huffs and my eyes drift to his now exposed upper body. A few marks appear on his abdomen, I can tell they're healing up and fast. Was it that big though that he just sat there and watched him take her away?

"You smell like her," I point out. Something I have been wanting to tell him since he stepped back inside the house. Ivy's scent is one I have mastered over the last few days since she sits so close to me. It takes everything in me not to stick my teeth in her neck and drain her of blood. But because I am principled and she is fated to die by Adam's hand, I am patient enough.

He glares at me like I'm a crazy person or I have said something very stupid. "I was about to kill her, how can I not smell like her?"

I roll my eyes. Of course, he would make up an excuse for everything.

I should have been the one to handle this, it sure would not have been as sloppy and such a blunder as it is. Our target just fled, now she knows we are after her. And for goodness sake why the fuck does Levi get involved with any girl who shows up in town?

First, it was Lexi, now Ivy? How fucked up is that dude?

"You should have let me help you," I utter hesitantly. It's annoying yet true. I hate that I feel more competent for this than my soon-husband-to-be.

He grimaces, I'm not bothered though.

"Eve, just fucking don't," he mutters.

"But don't you agree beloved husband?"

He shakes his head and strips naked right in front of me. I must say, I need to attend to him soon enough because that cock will not wait for us to table this issue. It's even harder because he's upset.

"You know what this means," I remind him. He seems to have forgotten what's at stake. He is the true heir to this kingdom and not his brother that is why our parents suited us. I don't regret any part of it because I know I'm marrying a warrior who won't fail to lead us into the future gracefully and faultlessly.

"Of course, I fucking know what this means, you think I intentionally let her walk? You know me better than that, don't you?"

I'm not sure about that anymore, I hesitate to answer but his cold dark eyes glaring at me force an answer out of my lips. "Yes."

Just then, the door flies open and Leah walks in. Adam doesn't make any attempts to cover himself up, I mean it's nothing new. Leah has this habit of walking in on us. Adam only grumbles and turns around to hide his erection. Leah is not even for a second disturbed by this view.

"You guys seem tight, what were you talking about?" she asks,  throwing herself on our bed.

I exchange a look with Adam before he shakes his head.

"I'm going to take a shower," he announces and heads for the bathroom. I sigh and look back at Leah, my chest is heavy, I can't keep lying to her but I can't tell her the truth either. I can't trust anyone with this, it's better if it stays inside the family for now.

"Bye." Leah looks up from her phone. Her gaze is questioning and I realize I still need to answer.

"We were...umh, talking about the party," I lie. She doesn't seem convinced but she only shrugs it off. "You staying?"

"No, I have to head home, Darius made dinner. Later." She pecks my cheek before heading for the door.

"I told you," I speak. "That I'd keep her safe."

There's a lull, but I don't turn to face her. I hear her chuckle.

"You were right, I was just worried about her. I'm sorry," she remarks and walks out of the door.

With a deep sigh, I strip out of my clothes and join Adam in the cold shower. The water pounds on my skin as I push myself closer to his back, he groans before finally turning to me. I let him scan my naked body and lust doesn't stop burning from his dark eyes, as though it's the first time he's seeing me this naked.

"I didn't mean to let her escape," he whispers.

"I know."

He doesn't wait that long to aggressively pin me to the wall, I gasp but I'm turned on. He places his right hand on my neck while his left searches my opening. Without warning, he shoves himself in me and I don't fail to moan.

This is how it goes, rough, wild, and hot. He thrusts into me harder with each stroke, I can feel my back crushing against the bathroom wall, but that doesn't bother me. I focus more on the pleasure than the scratches on my back.

"Ugh!" I scream out as he chokes me harder and I have my orgasm.

He crashes his warm lips on mine, making sure to let me know just how angry he is by aggressively burying his teeth in my bottom lip. Of course, I will heal but this whole healing concept is overrated, it should not be this misused. Another yearn burns up inside me, I want him once more but he pulls away and walks out of the room.

"Right." I shut my eyes, he is relieved and that's it.

##