Chapter 9: Harbinger of Destruction

The smoke dissipated in mere moments as Ren uses the wind to clear it out.

What was seen, shocked even Jon since what he expected was another fight with a dragon only with a different element.

Instead, stood seemed to be a human wrapped in a cloak.

After the initial stun from the explosion, Jon recovered and proceeded to use [Perception] to see what kind of opponent he was facing.

--------

[Status Window]

Name: ???

Species: Human

Level: ???

Vitality: 100 (+???)

Mana: 100 (+???)

Strength: 11 (+???)

Defense: 16 (+???)

Agility: 35 (+???)

Intelligence: 27 (+???)

Titles obtained: ???

Abilities: ???

Passive skills: ???

--------

What in the world...?

How can my Perception be blocked to this extent?

That means either this person is beyond powerful compared to me or they have some sort of skill that nullifies [Perception].

Hopefully, it's the latter...

Jon carefully approached the assailant despite the smoke-filled room.

The obscured vision is not ideal for Jon to fight an opponent who is an assassin of sorts.

On the bright side, Jon had the element of surprise thanks to the smokescreen.

So as they prepared to use some sort of dagger-looking weapon on Skye, Jon quickly used [Dragon's Breath] and then [Pyrokinesis] to shoot the intense column of flame straight at the assassin with accuracy in case of some sort of evasion skill.

Unfortunately, even though Jon wanted to use [Absolute Heat], due to its incredibly concentrated nature, made it glow extremely bright but Jon knew that would temporarily distract the assassin.

But [Dragon's Breath] allowed him to prepare [Absolute Heat] and launch it in conjunction with [Pyrokinesis] towards the distracted assassin; theoretically making sure one of the abilities hit.

The assassin used some sort of blink skill to dodge my initial attack but unexpectedly, [Absolute Heat] struck them, only for it to fade away.

An illusion?!

Oh, come on!

Wait, if that was some sort of illusion clone, then they weren't after Skye?!

Jon immediately turned around to find an unconscious Ren about to be attacked by the mysterious attacker.

"Gotcha! [Blink]!"

In an instant, Jon quickly closed the distance between them with two uses of [Blink] and went to strike the assassin with his claws outstretched.

Upon seeing Jon's imminent attack, they back off and start producing multiple clones of themselves, which then create more clones.

"Grrr, you're really starting to get on my nerves! Let's see how you do against this! [Dragon's Breath]!"