Chapter 11: Into the Dark

Jon couldn't just stay in the sky forever which didn't leave a very good option when it came to landing in a rather obscure location since Deruvia was bustling.

Not to mention the previous alleyways he used near the kingdom's walls were definitely now being searched due to the incident with the kid.

I could really use that [Polymorph] spell right about now that Ren mentioned earlier back at the sanctuary or whatever it's called.

Jon was frustrated since he was going nowhere with his quest and on top of that, not being able to find Ren after losing her.

So he did a quick survey and found a rather suspiciously perfect spot for him to land.

It was some backyard of the castle with a large enough garden to house the truck-sized dragon that Jon was.

On top of that, there weren't any signs of people which means good rest and some time to think about what to do in regards to the quest at hand.

Naturally, being rather new to flight, his landing was quite... spectacular.

Jon tried to slow down as he came down but somehow crash face-first into the garden, with a mouthful of dirt as he laid his head on the ground.

-Blegh

Maybe I could try practicing my landing skills so I don't have to taste dirt in my mouth...

After spitting out everything and a bit of flame to burn any plant bits in his mouth, which in hindsight wasn't a great idea since it left an ashen taste in his mouth.

"Hmm, so right now Ren is not only acting suspicious, but also missing since I lost her in the crowds. And I can't exactly walk around freely in Deruvia without an army coming for my ass..."

Suddenly some rustling in the trimmed well-shaped bushes caught his attention.

"I know you're there, stop hiding and come out..."

A girl wearing a very sophisticated pink rose-coloured dress straight from a fantasy novel came out.

"Uh, g-greetings!"

"Yes hi, you may call me Jo- I mean Nerius."

After Jon spoke, there was an awkward silence between them.

"And, um, who are you exactly?"

"Oh of course, how rude of me! I am Diane, the princess of Deruvia."

Wow, it's as if two socially incompetent individuals have a hard time communicating!

"Right now that we introduced ourselves, shouldn't you be screaming or running away...?"

From what Jon understood, humans in this kingdom weren't the biggest fans of dragons, according to Ren.

Instead of fear, the princess started to become giddy and rapid-fire questions towards him.

"What?! I've always wanted to meet a dragon! They are so big, cool and breathes fire!!! Wait do you breathe fire? What's it like being a dragon? Do you fly? Hahaha, silly me! Of course dragons fly! Do you do magic?"

Jon just stared blankly at the person jumping up and down around him.

I guess the princess isn't so introverted after all.

Jeez, it's like a tiny dog yapping constantly... Good thing I'm more patient otherwise another dragon might've eaten her... or something.

Diane's face startled him when he realized that she jumped onto his snout with a very enthusiastic expression.