Chapter 13 - The Healing Chamber

While Alan's Reiki was effective, stronger measures were sometimes necessary for chronic issues. For example, working a desk job for more than two decades had caused the muscles in my lower back to contract and tighten. Exercising and sitting on a heating pad after work would relax the muscles somewhat, but that wasn't enough to compensate for the time I spent seated every day. Alan's work on my back usually provided temporary relief.

I spent two hours tossing and turning one night, unable to fall asleep due to particularly stubborn tension around my lumbar spine. Finally, I asked Alan if he would work on my back.

He appeared in my mind's eye and said, "I'd like to show you something. This is where I go when I need deep healing."

Then the room started to spin. Alan lifted me up in his arms, and I clasped my hands around his neck. We spent the next few minutes floating down a long dark wind tunnel. As we neared the end, a narrow wooden staircase came into view. Alan put me down gently so we could then climb the steps.

When we reached the top, we emerged into what looked like a brightly lit library. Rows of bookcases were overstuffed with leather-bound books as far as the eye could see. A bulky metal reception desk sat a few yards from the landing. The counter was so high that all I could see was the bald head of the man seated behind it. Alan strode up to the desk and asked the man if we could enter.

The attendant didn't give Alan a passing glance. But he looked me up and down, scrutinizing me for several seconds. He didn't ask me any questions; I sensed that he was reading my mind. Once he was satisfied with what he'd seen, he granted us permission to proceed.

Alan held my hand and led me down the hall behind the counter.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"It has no official name," he said. "I call it a hall of knowledge. I come here when I seek truth and understanding. It's normally reserved for use by those no longer in corporeal form. If they've had a particularly traumatic life, souls can come here for healing. I knew it would help your pain. They allowed me to bring you here even though you're still incarnating. I knew you could handle the vibration."

"Thank you . . . I think." I didn't know where he was taking me or what to expect.

We approached a rounded metal alcove that housed a circular metallic platform which stood about a foot high and ten feet in diameter.

"You can call this the healing chamber," Alan said.

Still holding my hand, he directed me to lie on the platform. I lowered myself carefully into a fetal position, which was the most comfortable for my aching back, and rested my head on my arm.

Alan stepped toward the wall and pressed some buttons. Then the entire room reverberated with a low hum. The platform pulsed with pink, blue, and gold lights beneath me. After a moment, the platform seemed to be spinning rapidly, but nothing was moving. The sensation was in my mind.

As Alan settled down beside me on the platform, he whispered in my ear, "Completely let go and be in the moment as best you can."

I concentrated on the vibrations. Energy saturated my being, expanding my consciousness. Eventually, my physical body melted away and I was reduced to pure thought. I became Alan, the platform, and the entire alcove. My companion had given me a taste of life in the higher dimension.

I lost track of time as we lay together. Eventually, Alan got up, went back to the wall, and pressed a few buttons. After a moment, the room stopped spinning and the low hum stopped. The lights in the platform turned off. Then Alan came back and extended a hand to help me up. I stood slowly and took a moment to get my bearings. A sense of wholeness saturated my being.

Alan held my hand again as we walked back down the hall. When I approached the reception desk to say goodbye to the attendant, I discovered that my father had taken the bald man's place.

I beamed at the sight of him and cried, "Dad!"

"I'm so happy that you've reunited with Alan," my father said. "You've helped each other so many times in other lives. I knew you'd be able to help each other again. I wanted you to meet. He's helping you overcome your grief. You needed to do this."

"I have been feeling better," I said. Then the import of his words hit me. "Wait a minute. You wanted us to meet?"

"Yes, I made sure it happened. You were supposed to meet. Remember that message you heard while you were watching Galaxy Quest in January?"

"Yes," I said. I'd never forget it.

When Alan's character appeared in a scene, Spirit had told me, "Pay attention to this man. He's essential to your spiritual path."

My father said, "People come in and out of your life to help you . . . in all sorts of ways. Don't be fooled by appearances. Regardless of how it looks, they are helping you on your path. I'm helping you too. I never left you, Sonya."

As my dad's love filled my heart and enveloped my entire being, I struggled to hold back tears of joy. Then he came out from behind the desk and wrapped his arms around me. We held each other for what felt like an hour but was likely only a few moments.

I thanked him for helping to bring Alan to me and assisting with my healing. I wanted to continue conversing with him, but Alan laid a hand on my shoulder and whispered, "It's time to go."

Before turning to descend the staircase, I said goodbye to my father. Then Alan and I proceeded toward the steps and made our way carefully downward. When we reached the bottom, my companion picked me up and we floated through the spinning wind tunnel.

A few minutes later, I was back in my bed. I got up to stretch and feel the physical effects of the healing chamber. My back pain was gone! And I noticed something else. The grief from the loss of my parents felt lighter and less painful than it used to. Intermingled with it was a new emotion: hope. Hope for a fresh start. I was beginning to let go. My heart was finally healing.

..................................................................................................................

TIP: Our deceased loved ones never leave us. Even if we don't see them on a regular basis, they are assisting us, working for our highest good.

..................................................................................................................