Chapter 15 - Birthday Gift

A couple weeks after I asked Alan to interact with me in dreams, something odd happened. While dreaming in the middle of the night, a life-sized portrait of Alan in a gold frame appeared in the middle of the scene. It lingered for several moments and then disappeared. The dream resumed after that. The portrait didn't seem to belong, as the image had nothing to do with the sequence of events in the dream. Alan was experimenting.

He came to me later that afternoon when I was at work and said he would be unable to interact with me in my dreams as I'd asked. He apologized and said he didn't have the skill. Although I was disappointed, I understood that he was a new guide and still learning how to work with dreams.

When I got into bed a few nights later, a guide appeared in my mind's eye that I'd never seen before. He introduced himself as a Cree shaman named Raven Feather. He spoke telepathically, so his lips didn't move when he talked. He explained that he and Alan were working together. He was tall and muscular with Native American facial features and dark skin. He wore an elaborate raven headdress that included a row of black feathers strapped to the back of each arm, simulating bird wings. His love of humanity streamed from his heart chakra in pulses of green light. I was honored that this guide had revealed himself.

Then Alan appeared and wrapped an arm around Raven Feather's shoulder as though they were old buddies. They explained that Raven Feather was helping Alan so that he could interact with me in my dreams. Alan said that he'd reached out to Raven Feather because of his expertise. As shamans commonly work with dreams, that didn't surprise me. What did intrigue me, however, was that Alan was working with other guides. He'd never revealed that to me before.

* * * * *

About a week later, I had a funny dream. I repeatedly darted in and out of the living room, checking the TV for an interview of Alan Rickman that was supposed to air soon. I couldn't wait to hear what he was going to talk about. When the video finally played, Alan grimaced at the camera and drawled, "I don't like Def Leppard."

When I woke up, I was elated that Alan's experiment with dreams had been successful. However, he'd never expressed any opinions with me about my personal tastes like that before.

When we had first started conversing, I had told him that I wasn't familiar with his career primarily because I was a music lover, not a cinephile. I joked that I would have been a fan if he'd been a rock star instead of a movie star. I was particularly fond of classic rock from the 1970s and 1980s and usually cranked up the volume on the car radio when a song by a big hair band like Def Leppard came on. Apparently, Alan wanted me to know that he was watching.

I wasn't going to let him get away with his sassy comment. I said out loud, "Alan, you didn't have to use a dream to tell me that. You could have just said so. Next time, cover your ears when a Def Leppard song comes on."

* * * * *

So far, Alan has given me at least a dozen interactive dreams since 2016. In one of the most memorable ones, he shared his innermost feelings with me about his life. I was walking down a busy hallway that felt vaguely like a prison. As a gray-haired man in a blue jumpsuit approached me from the end of the hall, I recognized him as Alan. Instinctively I knew I was supposed to accompany him. Although he had the freedom to walk about the building, he was a prisoner there.

Together, we entered what looked like a courtroom with rows of folding seats and a high wooden bench along one wall. Alan took a seat in front of the bench, while I sat against the back wall. A woman in black judge's robes quietly entered, sat down at the bench, and quickly rendered judgment on his case.

As Alan and I walked out of the room, he handed me a twelve-inch rag doll in the form of his Harry Potter character, Professor Snape. I was intrigued with the doll and wanted to know what was underneath the costume. When I lifted the black fabric, I was disappointed to discover that the body was nothing more than a square pillow.

Then we stopped at a door along one wall of the hallway. Alan indicated he wanted to go inside, then faltered for a moment because he didn't have a key. Without thinking, I reached out and turned the doorknob. The door opened immediately; it wasn't locked. We went inside so that he could get something he needed, but I couldn't see what it was.

Afterward, we continued down the hallway and finally entered a spacious cafeteria. A long order counter took up nearly the entire length of one wall. Patrons were seated at tables throughout the room. Alan said, "I'll be right back," and walked toward a doorway next to the counter. I stopped to wait for him. As he disappeared through the doorway, he called back to me, saying, "I wish I could have met you there."

Upon awakening, I considered the imagery Alan had used in this vivid dream. He'd put a lot of thought into the details. He was telling me that he'd felt like a prisoner to his fame. The Snape doll represented how he had been immortalized for his roles, not for the man he was underneath. He'd dealt with self-judgment and external criticism, symbolized by the judge, and fear of judgment had continued after his death. The cafeteria represented the "buffet of life" he'd been able to sample thanks to his work and travels. Once he left everything behind and entered the "doorway" to the higher dimension, he met me. I was touched by his statement, "I wish I could have met you there." Of course, I also wish we could have met while he was living.

* * * * *

In the early morning hours of my birthday in January 2017, I dreamed I was standing in my old bedroom in my parents' house. I was speaking with Alan and Raven Feather.

Alan demonstrated a chakra healing exercise that involved the use of Reiki and a special hand position. He gently held the fist of one hand against the palm of the other hand. He said to hold the two hands together that way over each chakra while channeling Reiki. He explained that the hand position would amplify the energy.

Ordinarily, the appearance of my old bedroom in a dream would upset me and stir my grief from the loss of my parents. But when I awoke, I felt no emotion. Something had changed.

I practiced the chakra healing exercise later that day. When I held my hands over my heart chakra, a wave of peace and calm washed over me. I thought about my old bedroom—and my old grief—and felt no pain. My grief was healed! Alan's dream was the most extraordinary birthday gift I'd ever received.

..................................................................................................................

TIP: Spirit guides sometimes communicate with us in dreams. Ask Alan or your other guides to use dreams to provide guidance and healing.

Additionally, if you're a Reiki practitioner, try Alan's chakra healing exercise and let me know if it helps you.

..................................................................................................................