Again and Again.

August and I were waiting at the cafe for Lola. Lola rushed into the cafe and sat with us.
"Oh.. Hey August. I didn't knew you were coming."
She placed her handbag beside her, facing both of us.
"Let's order first" August suggested.
After the waitress made her way back, I turned to Lola. I was fine after August reassured me but I couldn't help but feel disappointed.
"Ahem.." I started
"Yes Ina... C'mon what's the matter?"she asked.
"How long have you known Clave?"
My voice was bold and low. There was a change in her face after hearing the tone of my voice.
"Why?? What happened? Why do you sound so serious?"
She then looked at August with a confused face.
"Lola.. She found an old picture of you and clave in a box. " August explained.
"Oh.." Lola's gaze turned to my face. She looked anxious when she saw the anger in my stare.
"Ina... I can explai-"
"Well you better." I cut her off.
"We knew eachother before we know you.. I'm sorry for not telling you." She hung her head low.
"So you thought of making me a fool by acting like strangers. Wow Lola!
Both of you were playing with me, right? Why did you even hide it from me? What's the point? Why.. Why?? Wh--"
"Baby... Calm down" August spoke, holding my hands.
Lola started tearing up. She was looking at me hopelessly. Her gazed shifted to August when he spoke.
"We can talk about this later Lola... You can leave.."
Lola passed me a look which was filled with sadness. I didn't dare to speak anything more. She slowly took her bag and left the place.

There was a moment of silence after she left.

"...." I stared at August.
He pecked my forehead and said:
"Let's go back now."
"No.."
"Hmm... Then what should we do?"
"Can we go somewhere peaceful?"
"Ummmm... Let me think.... Ummm... Ya! I got it."
He dragged me out of the shop.

"Put your seatbelts on." He ordered.
"I don't want to."
I replied annoyingly.
He moved his left hand towards the belt, hovering me.
"you're cute when you are annoyed", he whispered near my ear forming butterflies in my stomach and pulled the belt, clipping it beside me.
I turned towards the window as my cheeks were turning red.
He started driving while I turned the stereo on. The R&B tracks along with August's presence eased most of my frustration away.
"August..." I called
"Hmmm..."he hummed in response
"Will you ever lie to me?"
There was a moment of silence surrounding us.
He sighed.
"Why are you asking me this?"
"Uhhh... I don't know. Answer me!"
He stopped the car by the road and turned to me.
"I will never Ever do anything that will hurt you. I will not hesitate to give you my own life if I could. You are my entire world and you're the only one I've ever loved."
His words made my heart beat faster.
My heart felt light after hearing them.
A smile appeared on my lips.
"Is my baby blushing?" He teased.
I shook my head rapidly and then looked back at him.
"I love you too " I said.
"I love you more.."
"No you don't."
"Yes I do."
"You loved her more..." I said, not daring to look at his face. Those words accidentally slipped out of my mouth.
There was silence... Utter silence. I looked at him again only to find him smiling.
"So I was right " i whispered to myself in a way that was not audible to him..

As always, I fell asleep on his car and only woke up when I felt a pair of hands squishing my cheeks.
"Good morning baby" I said.
"My majesty, we were driving " he chuckled.
My eyes widened and wandered the surroundings.
"Hehe" I awkwardly laughed.
"Hehe" he mimicked me.
I punched his shoulders and got out of the car.
"Haaa.. Where are we?"i asked yawning.
"See for yourself." He said.
It was the bridge. We've never visited this place after that night. The sky was bright and there were birds flying over the bridge. It was a pleasant moody day.

 It was a pleasant moody day

"The sky likes us." I said, smiling.
"Do you feel better now?" He asked.
"Yeah.. I almost forgot about Lola's incident."
"That's good. "
"Should I forgive her?"
"Do what you think is the best. I think she has her reasons. She has been there for you all these time and I'm happy to have someone like her with you when I can't be there beside you.
So... I think she deserves a second chance ."
I sighed.
"You're right. She was always there for me when I needed someone."

Looking at what she has done for me, this is not that big of a problem. I guess I can forgive her for this. Besides, she wasn't the only one who hid this from me. I took a tiny stone from the ground and threw it to the river I saw infront of me.
It jumped 4 times on the surface.
I proudly turned to August who was watching me. "I bet you can't beat that."
He passed me a look of disbelief and took a bunch of stones in his hands. He started throwing them one by one towards the river.
"Three"
"Eight... Hahaha That was easy." He continued
"Four"
"Six"
I gave him a death stare and started picking up more stones.
"You asked for it, now lose!" I said and started throwing them
"Seven"
"Nine"
"Five" i screamed.
"...Woah that's impressive"
he commented.
I chuckled.

..

We spent almost an hour on the bridge and then walked towards a peaceful place nearby.It felt way different from the last time I've been there. He is turning my world upside down with his presence in my life. I am starting to see every places differently or should I say that I'm replacing my old painful memories with new joyful ones?
I don't know..
I wonder if my presence have any impact on his life. I hope he knows how much I'm into him at this moment. My heart will be broken if I lose him like I've lost everyone else in my life.

 My heart will be broken if I lose him like I've lost everyone else in my life

"Do you want to move in with me?"
He asked, catching me in the act.
"Huh? Really? Isn't it a bit fast?" I questioned
"I've known you for long enough.. I want to take care of you everyday. It's my wish but at the end of the day, it's your call."
"Uhh...."I showed a thinking gesture
"Umm?"
"So which room will you give me?" I asked while giggling which made him smirk.
"Ah finally!" He said.