Quiet Place

"Woah you cleaned it well" I said while August was unpacking my stuff.
He pulled out every clothes and started organizing them inside the wardrobe. "Make yourself comfortable Ina.. I've kept a pair of slippers behind the stairs.. It's yours from now on. Breakfast is in the fridge, heat them before eating." He spoke as he started dressing up. He was roaming around the big white house, giving me instructions about how to use each machines.
He turned to me one last time before leaving for work. "Don't waste much time bothering... We'll organize together when I get back. Now, get ready, eat your breakfast and go to your university... Okay?" I nodded in agreement. "Don't forget to take your laptop and those essays you have to submit." He reminded. "Okay.. Don't worry. " i replied.
"I'll pick you up after classes " he said. I chuckled,watching him worrying about me too much like a parent. His gaze turned to me, giving me a look of disbelief. "I'm serious Ina! Get ready." He replied, rather softly. I chuckled more, pulling him into a hug as I thought he was adorable. He went silent at my sudden action and then slowly wrapped his hands around me. "Take care.. Won't you?" He asked. I nodded my head up and down rapidly.
After he left, I spent some time wandering through the house. "Hmmm .... A kitchen.. A study... Three bedrooms... A balcony.. Nice." I uttered to myself. I was extremely proud of August for the way he was. He is a few years older than me, just like Clave and Lola but has achieved way too much. He gives off the aura of a matured man which he is. I was wondering how rich his family might be to have a successful company like theirs.
I checked the time and it was already past 9 which means I have an hour left for my first class. I hurriedly took my backpack, shoved in my books and laptop before locking the main door from outside.

..

I liked this new way of life that I was living. It was less boring than before and somehow I felt lucky to have a lot of people around me to love me. My highschool was dreadful. I never had a single person to address as a friend from the class I was in. All I had was Clave and then some girls and guy friends he introduced me to. He was my senior and we met through the basketball team.
My uncle forced me to join the basketball team but the last thing I wanted to do was being in the sports team. I improved my skills even though I wasn't interested a bit in playing the game. Clave was an excellent player and noticed my movements which caused him to approach me. I still remember our conversation.

"U good?"he asked.
"Not really."
"What happened? Are you sick or something?"
"No.."
"..."
"...."
"....."
"........."
"Ugh... I hate playing this. Can I quit? "
"Excuse me?"
"I really hate it.. I'm not an athletic person."
"You do play well though.."
"Sigh* please help me if you can."
"Hmm.... Are you a freshman?"
"Yes... I can't join the literature club just because of these practice sessions. This is way too much."
"Why did you even join then?"
"It wasn't me.. It was my uncle."
"Oh.. "

Our conversation was too long that we spent the rest of the day together. He first seemed silly but then he turned into my bestfriend soon .
I don't remember much after that but thinking about my highschool always makes me happy because of the people I was surrounded with.
I have no friends at university at the moment since it's been only a month.
I was also busy enough to make any friendship happen. I spend all of my free time either with August or with my bestfriends.

I wish I wasn't this shut off from the outside world. Even though I could strike up conversations with people, the introverted me was always afraid to get close to new people which was also why I was surprised at myself for letting August in too easily.
I took some time at noon to visit the library.

"Hey Mr Phil" i passed a warm smile at him.
"It's been a long time.. How are you Ma'am?" He replied.
"Just call me Ina.." I chuckled. "It's been great.. How about you?"
He shrugged and smiled at me.

I made my way into the section of fictions and started scanning each books until One of it attracted me. I took it from the shelf and flipped it open before smelling it.
I purchased a few more novels and shoved them into my bag.
It was raining outside. The cold atmosphere sent shivers through my body. I ran through the rain to cross the road but unfortunately bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry..." I shouted as the rain was heavy and loud.
He looked at me and nodded. To my surprise, he offered to share his umbrella. We both ran towards the other side. After taking shelter, we were standing at the corridor beside a classroom.
"Are you studying here too?" He asked.
"Yeahh...Department of creative writing and film" i replied.
"Oo I see.. I'm studying media management "
"Ohh..."i smiled. "Thank you for helping me, I must run now.. The class is in five minutes."i replied.
"Alright..Bye." he waved.

I rushed to the class and took a seat at the middle row. My sleep wasn't satisfactory last night and I could feel my eyes shutting down. I barely listened to the lectures.After an hour or so,I got up from my seat and asked for permission to be dismissed.
I was feeling sick... Really sick.
I dialled Lola but then hung up. August and Lola might be busy and they have a lots of things to deal with at work recently . I kept my cell inside my pockets and walked through the corridors and then towards the entrance. I hopped on the first cab that stopped infront of me.
I knew I was fainting but tried my best to keep myself awake atleast until I reach home.
All I remember was walking inside the home.

...

I opened my eyes hearing my phone ringing . I was too weak to move from the floor and so,decided to let it ring. I closed my eyes, keeping both of my hands on my head. I was experiencing unbearable pain inside my head.It made me unconscious.
Everything around me was blurry... The sound of the air conditioner was becoming faint, my throat was aching as if someone was choking me.
I was still on the floor.
Moments later, I heard the sound of the door slamming infront of me.