41

We practice tango for a week

We practice tango for a week. As soon as Jace gets home, we go to the ballroom. Our footwork is solid. I'm just a few seconds slow following his swirls. I don't go easy on myself, even when Jace tells me to give it time.

I stay up till the wee hours of the morning, whipping myself into shape. I have to be on the same page as him. I dance barefoot in my bedroom until I'm sleepy. I only get about 4 hours of sleep before I'm back training my feet and body into positions. I think I love dancing. The craft occupies my entire day. I don't find it to be a burden. This is a new passion of mine now because of Jace.

The lessons don't reside in the same place. We dance on the beach, casting fluid shadows upon the sand. In the kitchen, as he's cooking. In his office. And even on the rooftop. Which holds a gazebo tower. Its view is so unbelievable. I discover that most of the island is wildlife. A tropical jungle. This is probably my favorite spot.

Jace takes me shopping at an underground mall. It's a copy of the other shopping center back in Cali, only it has drone workers. "I'll find you something special. You need dancewear for next month's ball."

"Ball?"

"Yes."

"I feel special." I smile.

"You are." He sorts through a rack of short, flashy dresses.

I bear hug him from behind. "Are you sure you want me in something that revealing? I thought you couldn't handle it."

"In public, I can. I'm well trained."

"Oh, so you're a dog?" I joke while tightening my hold on his waist. "So, you're not neutered in private?"

"Guess not."

"You're making me want to run to your room. How fast can you chase me? And can you bark?" I tiptoe to nip at the side of his neck.

"You don't want that...you'll get scared."

"No, I won't."

"Yes, you will." He goes on browsing the skimpy dresses. "Now, back to the ball. We'll be prepared in time, so don't force the footwork. Stop losing sleep over it."

"Wait...how do you know I'm staying up late?" I drop my arms.

"Security cameras."

"Do you watch me sleep?"

"No, I check in before going to bed."

"What do you think is going to happen? That I'm going to choke on vomit or stop breathing?"

He removes three dresses from the rack and gives them to me. A white tutu dress with side ruffles. A dark red one with dangling strings at its hem. And the last is gold with a stomach cutout. "These will work; I'll find a matching set."

"Ooo, you'll look good in a gown."

"You bet I would." He winks.

I giggle and watch him leave. My eyes size up his ass. I want to do things to it... I smirk, then look over the dresses. How does he have such great style?? And a ball? I'm not fancy enough for that. I won't know how to act. The most uppity place I've ever been was to a high school military ball. I'll have to google how to behave rich.