5○𓂅Old Memories.

☁︎☁︎

Toby felt dazed, realising that he had fallen asleep, a stern voice came from downstairs. "Toby!" Toby recognised the voice, his mother was home. Quickly getting up, he padded down the stairs to be met by his mother with an angry expression. "What the fuck happened to the kitchen?" She snarled, he half expected her to hit him, but she didn't, and probably would never. "What do you mean?" He asked, nervously. "I've been asleep?" Toby's mother stepped back and gave enough space for toby to hop the last bit of steps. He peered into the kitchen, eyes widening in fear. It was trashed: the fridge was knocked down on the floor, a puddle surrounded it, a few photos smashed on the floor, utensils were thrown all over the place and a note was left on the wall. Toby stepped closer, his eyes lingering over the words. 'Shouldn't have left him.'

'Who?'
Toby questioned.

His eyes moved down, the symbol! The one he had seen in the woods. He felt his body shake. "Mom, You know I didn't do this right?" He asked. The silence his mother gave him made him wonder.

'Does she think I'm a monster?'

The silence continued until Toby broke. "I'm not like that anymore!" He yelled, narrowing his eyes, his hands curled into fists. His mother backed away, horrified. Toby's eyes widened. "Y-Your afraid of me." He spoke vacantly. "You know I couldn't even lift the fridge." He cried out, tears threatening to be released. Remembering the night he killed his dad, his mother looked at him the same way. His tears now running like a faucet. He pushed past his mother, heading off to the park to cool down, his sleeves felt heavy as they remained on his eyes, wiping away the tears.

________________

Toby sat on the swings, thinking about everything that played now and way back; Tim was missing by that stupid cult symbol, his mother hates him, He's a murderer, His siblings are gone, and He's not wanted. Toby gasped in horror. "Oh gosh!" Toby exclaimed. He was still in his pyjamas; He wore a black fluffy hoodie with cat ears on the hood and black matching trousers with cats on them. His face flushed pink as he realised people were walking past on the streets, "Fuck." He muttered under his breath, he liked his pyjamas until now. He knew Noone was looking yet he felt like all eyes were on him, his tears had stained his face and his eye bags were pink along with his cheeks.

________________

He sighed and pulled himself up, he decided to head to the woods, away from the public and away from the stress. Toby began walking through the fields, eyes watching the woods, he felt numb.
Toby instantly fell to the floor, head resting against a tree that was right on the edge of the forest. he could see his village from above, though, it was far and more of a blur. He let out a frustrated sigh. Ripping chunks of fern from the floor, he was startled to hear another voice, a growl. "Fuck you!" it grimaced in the distance. Toby's curiosity peeked. "Maybe I will!" a younger voice responded with a scoff. Toby got up, hiding behind the trees until he was met with the 'upland border'.
The voices came from a few trees ahead of It, there stood two males that were in the middle of a dispute, before one of their heads snapped towards Toby, "What are you looking at, Human!" Toby gasped, his body shivering in fear. A kid stood staring, He had short black hair, a slit from the corners of his mouth that reached his ears; A permanent smile. The other kid was short, very short. He had red leaking from the eyes; blood. He had blonde messy hair along with a green, long hoodie. They were both staring at him.

Wait, did they call him human? Aren't they?

"Are you done staring?" the short one growled, hands in fists. Toby shuddered, his voice was glitchy. "I-" Toby stuttered out. "Who are you?" he finally decided to ask, nervously.
"Ben" The small one spoke,
"Ben drowned."
Walking closer, exiting the Border, he was now only a few inches away from Toby. "What's your name?" Ben asked, "Toby." He sighed. "Is that real blood?" Toby asked, Bravely. "Yup!" Ben giggled, How could someone be so terrifying yet adorable? What was a kid like him doing past the borders, did he work there? The other kid with the smile didn't move, He just stared from the distance. "Whose that?" Toby whispered bending over to Ben's ear, where Toby was practically on his knees, Ben giggled, which eventually turned into a loud laugh, speaking loudly so that the other heard. "Oh, that fuck-face?" The other growled at Ben's remark, "That's Jeff, He's an asshole." Ben laughed. Jeff growled, Stomping toward the two. "What the fuck is your problem?" The raven-haired boy yelled shoving a finger in Ben's face, "And you!" Jeff yelled, pointing at Toby, who jumped. "M-Me?" Jeff instantly responded, "Yes, you!" Jeff grunted. "What the fuck are you wearing?!" He yelled, almost breaking into a fit of laughter. "I- Shut up!" Toby giggled, "I didn't have time to change!" Toby spoke, covering his face with his sleeves. "Hey, we gotta go now." The shortest male spoke up, "We're not actually supposed to speak with outsiders, But I hope to see you more often!" Ben chirped, turning on his heel, Grabbing Jeff's wrist. "Let's go!"
Both males disappeared into the woods as Toby stood in shock.
They were definitely not humans.

________________