♡ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6♡

Ridha's pov:

Ridha's pov:

It was little late when I reached home. Pallavi and Mumma is getting ready to go somewhere I think. Now definitely I don't want them to scold me. I politely went inside.

" Good evening Mumma. Hi Pallavi" I although don't want to spoil the mood but my heart craves for Mumma's love. Even if she doesn't have any love I just need her care. I just want to see it at least once. But whom I am kidding she won't even say me to take care.

I waited that they would reply me but no Mumma didn't even acknowledged me and Pallavi is glaring at me. Thinking of how unlucky I am, I turned to go to my room but stopped after hearing Mumma's voice.

" Wait Ridha. Today there is a party at Mehta's. They invited my family. Since for everybody outside you are my family you have to come." Mumma said seeing me from the corner of her eyes.

"But mumma, I am very tired. Can I skip it please?" I slowly asked. Suddenly I felt a burning sensation in my cheek. I look up to see Mumma raising her hand in the air  indicating that she just slapped me.

" Don't even try to give excuse. Do what I said. At least be useful for bringing you up all these years." She sneered at me, as tears gathered in my eyes started to flow. As usual Pallavi is giving me a pity full look.

" Baby give one of your old dress to her she won't even have anything and at last will embrass us." She said to Pallavi and went upstairs. Pallavi gave me the dress and went to get ready.

It is a simple Black kurti

It is a simple Black kurti. I let my hair open and I just put on eyeliner and my lip balm. As usual kept my bindi. Papa to arrived when I went downstairs. Pallavi is wearing a pink colour frock and as always looking beautiful.

After completing her papa came to me." You are looking too cute Ridhu." Papa complemented me. He never fail to give me father's love. I look up at mom with the hope that she will compliment me. But without sparing any glance at me she moved outside, then we left for the party.

Writer's POV:

Arriving at the party Ridha silently stayed beside Vikram. The people are showing off their richness and talking about their business.

Walking with them Ridha is feeling a little insecure not because she isn't looking beautiful as them, but because of her character. She don't know to talk to people with boldness, attitude and fierceness like them. She will get easily scared when the things go wrong.

That's when Vikram left to talk with his business associates leaving Ridha with Nithya and Pallavi.

" Mrs. Nithya who is she?" Suddenly a lady from the group asked eyeing Ridha.

" She is my daughter Ridha Gupta." Nithya introduced her with a smile.

" Nithya also mention that she is your adopted daughter before that she was an orphan" it was said by none other then Mrs. Sandhya Kapoor who is Arav's mother.

" Ridhu is my adopted daughter but I love her so much as my own. Even I won't care and love Pallavi as much as I love Ridha." Nithya said fakely with extra sweetness.

Ridha didn't wish to stand there anymore. Already she was hurted more than her daily dose. What is her fault when she hadn't done anything? Even she is hurted but still smiling fakely for whom? She is even more cautious for not letting her parents down.

Without anyone noticing further she silently excused the from there but stopped in her tracks to saw Aarav looking handsome in his black suit. She is standing there mesmerized looking at him.

But she didn't want him to see her crying so she left towards the garden

But she didn't want him to see her crying so she left towards the garden. Taking a deep breath Ridha concentrated on her breathing, calming her nerves and closed her eyes.

" Don't take it to heart. What she said is just like clouds it will pass and don't give them the satisfication on hurting you. Show them your smile." With open her eyes, she saw Arav standing near her and watching the moon with the calming smile. It does calmed her. The mere presence of him with his soothing words felt surreal to her.

 The mere presence of him with his soothing words felt surreal to her

Hope you all like it!!

Do vote and comment plz!!
Thank you..🤍