CHAPTER 4: Wedding bells 2

Six minutes later.......
       Niola surveyed the small gathering as her dad led her down the red carpet to the flowered altar. She gripped him tightly, a little too tight, and he rested an assuring palm on hers.

Then she saw him.

He looked so handsome. He'd shaven his beard down more and she could see the beautiful contours of his handsome face. He looked stunning in his formal black suit and crisp white shirt which was precisely tailored to his tall powerful frame.

When she drew level to him, Kalem stared down into her misty brown eyes, he smilled slightly at her.

As the ceremony began, she listened intently to each word of the deacon. They made their responses, her voice a bit uneven and shaky but his cool and firm with the control that seemed so much part of him.

Then without betraying any hint of masculine hesitance, he slept the most beautiful diamond ring on her finger. It had lots of small diamonds and then there were three bigger ones the middle biggest.

Niola thoughts wondered. This must have cost a fortune more than the necklace. Why would he buy me such ex------- Niola slapt herself mentally. He's your husband dummy.... Or maybe he just pities me.......

"You may kiss your bride."

Niola froze.

He stared down at her through her dark curly lashes. Her soft pink mouth was the same shade as their first meeting. Kalem cupped her cheek with long lean fingers, he tilted her mouth up to his and brought his lips to hers. It was a soft sweet kiss.
The kiss lasted only a few seconds, he pulled himself back immediately, trying his best not to ravish her in front of everyone.

The official photographer snapped pictures and cheered along with everyone else.

Before they had left which was around 4:15 pm Niola said goodbye to her family and had bonded easily with his father and grandparents.

She was no longer an Adams.
She was, Mrs Kalem Aubrey.