CHAPTER 10

Kalem sat at the island and watched her efficient move as she cooked. She moved gracefully around the kitchen, dicing things, grating, cutting.

Niola felt a bit uneasy too. He stared at her, each move. She cleared her throat a bit.

"Did you mean to do that?" She asked.

"Do what?"

"What you did back at the supermarket." She said as she melted butter in a large sauce pan and added garlic.

"Kiss you. Yes.... Should I have not?"  He stared as she then added tomatoes and a cup of chicken broth, increasing the heat.

"No...no, it was worth the moment," she said then quickly added. "So how was work?"

She sprinkled the chicken halves with salt and pepperon both sides and then sauteed it in a large skillet.

"Have a homicide, a female, most likely around your age," he began after a while. He could not imagine someone did the same to Niola. He would protect her from those bastatds. Promise.

"That's sad," she said with pity. "I could never understand how one human can take another human's life. Don't they have a conciousnce."

"Some people are just sick and heartless." He could feel himself getting angry again.

"How do you manage to stomach some of these things."

"Lots of coffee and a strong stomach... Besides, I've been through some really bad shit. These deaths just pisses me off." He says.

                         ************

                 She was an amazing cook, he couldn't help but suck on his fork after each bite.

"This is really good," he murmured knowing that he'd said it at least six times already. She gave a short laugh.

"When was the last time you had a proper home cooked meal?" Niola questioned feeling proud from his compliments.

"When I was in boarding school, first semester, last family visit." He said. He quickly changed the subject. "Who thought you to cook?"

"My mother, I was ten when I first started. Burnt my first ever chocolate cookies." Niola said with a smile, remembering. "I was so determine to get it right, that same day I did it over at least four times until I got it right. Now am a pro at cookies."

"Your brother mentioned how you always talked about opening up your own little bakery." Kalem said.

"Yeah, up until I was eleven," she chuckled softly. "Now, am not sure, its a hell of responsibility and I don't have that kind of money for equipment and the building. Its just to much."

He stared at her for a moment. "Do you wanna go sight seeing tomorrow, we can eat at a fancy restaurant.

" yeah, sure." She smilled. Just the two of them wandering the city.

She smiled up at his beautiful eyes.