CHAPTER 9

A red flag had been placed in each spot Kalem's metal detector picked up an object. Now he stood with Chase and Jenny, staring in dismay at nine red flags.

"Any of those could be more dead bodies." Jenny said quietly.

"Never know until we start digging," Kalem said. "Let's see what we -----"
His phone rang.

"Aubrey." He answered on the third ring. Niola's voice came through on the other end. Shit, I forgot we had plans. He glanced at his watch and saw it was 4:13 pm. "Give me some minutes, I'll be there as soon as I can." He hung up.

"Gotta go?" Chase ask.

"Yeah, can you guys continue on your own?"

"Sure, we'll get locals to help." Chase said. Kalem left the crime scene heading home.

***********

Fifteen minutes later Kalem was following Niola around the grocery store. She carried a small basket so far with some vegetables.

"What seasoning mix do you prefer?" She glanced at him as she stopped in the seasoning isle.

"Italian." He said with a grin. She picked up a few different Italian ones and added them to the basket and started walking again. "So what's for dinner?"

"How does lasagna with chicken milano sounds?" She asked as she reached for a passle of chicken breast.

"Sounds delicious." He licked his lips at the thought of lasagna. "Do you need help to getting other things?"

"Um... Lasagna noodles, vegetable oil, Parmesan and ricotta cheese." She gave him the list she'd made.

He smilled before leaving.

He found the lasagna, thanks to a high school kid, then she directed him to the others. He rounded the corners until he came to the cheese section. When he was through he met her at the cash register.

"Would that be all?" The girl asked.

Niola noticed the girl's attention was on Kalem who stood behind her. The girl adjusted her breast in her tight uniform, showing off her clevage. She smilled sweetly at him as he rested down the things.

"Is that all, baby?" He asked Niola, emphasis on Baby! He hooked an arm around her waist.

"Yes, this should be all." Niola smilled sweetly up at him.

"You two are together?" The girl drawled, her face scrunched up a little.

"Wife." Kalem said, holding up Niola's ringed finger. He kissed her lips.

Niola tried her best not to look off guard, she smilled sweetly up at the girl who's face went shocked. She bagged their things and they quickly continued on their way.