Chapter two | flashback

Xander Meadows

⋆·˚ ༘ *˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚⋆·˚ ༘ *

3-1 and it's only half-time.

We are winning and it feels so fucking awesome.

The best part of it? Seeing that little prick whining about it.

Cole Ashford my so called enemy.

The biggest jerk of the state. Also, Amelia's fucking boyfriend.

My bestfriend's sister

My school's 'mean' girl

My only true love

My, my, my.

That's right, she's the only girl I have ever loved

Loved. Past.

Because now she's the person I have ever truly hated. Or that's what I keep telling my self.

Maybe because it's easier to hate her than to love her. Tough shit.

"Meadows!! Are you even listening to me?!" The coach yells right into my ear. Of course I didn't listen to a word he said but he doesn't have to know that.

"I sure did." Behind him I notice Evan, my other bestfriend, making some gestures with his hands..? Oh right, he is trying to tell me what the coach was saying.

"Um you said something about a.." what the fuck is that "a rabbit, maybe?"

Fucking Evan.

The rest of the team laughs, but Coach Anderson and Evan couldn't look more disappointed.

Sorry I guess?

"Thank fuck that you scored 2 out of 3 goals today or else." he mumbles under his breath. Well what can I say? I'm the player of the game.

The sound of the ring echoes and we know that we have to get out on the field.

We are winning this game no matter what.

We won.

We fucking won.

Now we are standing outiside of school waiting for our rides, well most of us.

Aiden and I are waiting for Evan to bring the car so we can all ride together to his house.

"Have you seen my sister?" He says while looking around for her.

"Huh? Maybe she is with Zara?" I say although I saw Zara leaving, without her about five minutes ago.

I tried to keep my attention away from Amelia as much as I could, but that's not easy when I'm hanging out with her brother.

"Well maybe she left with her boyfriend." Aiden tries to explain calmly but fails dramatically. There's no doubt that none of us like Cal. Or was it Cole? No I'm pretty sure it's Cale.

He is no good for Amelia. Says me? Damn yeah.

Fuck. Where could she be?

As I'm about to go look for her when a car stops right in front of us and Evan's head pops out of the window. "Get in losers."

Aiden gets in with a struggle and as I'm about to ditch them a petite blond catches my eye.