3. Silence

" Code Blue " It has been everyday she hears this like ten times a day, and now it has been just an integral part of her life but never did she imagined that her first step here in the Military Hospital Ambala would be Something as Severe as Code Blue.
Code Blue the basic Resuscitation language of Medical Line, indicating someone needs resuscitation and there's an emergency, but who would ever think her first'day to be like this.

" Get the Equipment Ready , Make sure to stable the vitals till I come " She instructed on the phone and ran towards the changing room she needs to get in scrub before she enters the OT .

" Mumma I will call you later , dhyaan rakho " She spoke in a hurry , realising her mother has been on hold since past 2 minutes

" Mam This is the report" one of the JR spoke as soon as she entered the OT.

" Code Blue Sweetheart everything else can wait, Let's revive the patient first " She spoke and the Nurse nodded starting the CPR immediately, Shehnaaz on the other hand went to call Dr.Dhiman. She still has not seen who the patient is as she was focusing on getting the defibrillator ready, she knew hearing the continuous beeping of the machine they needed Resuscitation and mere CPR would be of no help.

The patients heart beat was on a continuous downhill and that worried her, not that she wasn't aware of the fact that it wasn't possible to save everyone but she was a doctor and she knew she had to give her best .

" Get the defibrillator ready , we need to give her shock " Dr. Dhiman spoke , he was the senior most cardiologist here and she was thankful he was here, For a change she wasn't feeling like herself today, maybe the tired she was, maybe her long journey was to be blamed but then again this was the life she signed for herself

" Get clear everybody " Dr.Dhiman spoke and everyone in the room made sure to take a step back from the patient's bed , it was shock they were dealing with .

" Ready " he confirmed and there was a silent nod in the room , silence the best any doctor could relate to , Silence something that every person like Shehnaaz could relate to , yet there was this unknown fear in her heart today , something was wrong she knew but what she couldn't point on to and the next she stood there in shock herself not wanting to believe what her eyes saw.

This could not be how she thought she would meet them after years.

" Maa " She whispered and was about to fall when they heard Dr.Dhiman shouting...

" Call her family , it's important she is serious we might need to operate as soon as possible"

" One more try , everyone ready" Dr. Spoke and Shehnaaz stood there in a debate in her mind and a storm in her heart , she was one of those who have seen body parts exploding due to the impact of bullets yet seeing someone so close to her , or someone she knew his life resided in she felt choking up.

" Maa " She shouted and this time she just let herself loose , at the back of her mind she knew She should not , mixing Personal relations in the profession are risky but could she possibly mind , not when she knew She needs to get through this , maybe not for herself but for the man who would break if something wrong happens , But where the hell is he ? He never lets Maa alone after the last heart attack she survived.

Everyone in the OT looked at her breaking down and were shocked to say the least , Shehnaaz had been one of those doctors who knew nothing but to be amazing to hold their emotions but seeing her here they knew something was of.

" Dr. I will do this " Shehnaaz spoke wiping her tears once The Monitoring Machine was revived, showing a relatively slow heart beat of around 54 but it was there , and she was thankful to the almighty above.