4. Baatein

It was around 4 hours from the time they both met , Maa had still not regained consciousness and Sidharth was sitting outside the ICU , he already had met her once going inside by taking the advantage of his profession, yet he could not do that again.
He sat their closing his eyes throwing his head back on the uncomfortable chair he sat on.

He was tired , if not mentally yet physically he was , 34 and the life style he lived was tough , going through almost everything alone, hours of long OPD and the surgeries tired him physically.
Yesterday was no different he realised, he worked for 16 hours a day and when he wanted to hit the bed the call shook his whole world .
It was only Maa he had in his life , his everything and here she was lying on that hospital bed attached to all those machines, probably going for an operation in the next few hours after she gains consciousness.

Life was an irony he knew but realised it just sitting here .
There were so many times he have been there telling the patients family of how serious the situation is and they might need to operate as soon as possible yet sitting in their place as a patient himself he knew how the world comes crashing down , it was as if he was reliving all that he lived those years ago, when he was just pursuing MS after 2 years of him completing his MBBS

He was thinking all this when he felt a presence near her, This was Shehnaaz he knew, how could he not recognise her , have always did from the time she was just 7 he knew it's her always ..
No don't get him wrong he was not in love with her , he means c'mon she was his best friend and best friends are best friends not lovers , he knew he needed someone like her to fall in love with but could she be Shehnaaz he knew the answer was a no !
Yes being best friends had no boundaries but being partners had for any normal human in the society.

And anyways when has love being restricted to only considering it in romanticised manner, it has always been more , a kind of plantonic , wholesome , unselfish kind of , that demands nothing but the happiness , safety and well being of the other one being involved and If this is how you all consider what love is then he was way to deep in love with her.

She still was here he knew doing nothing but just looking at him but why????
Should he open his eyes , should he not he was debating yet he decided to let it go and stay calm for a while , he wanted nothing but to see her for some more time , seeing as in not by the actual eyes or everything, but by his heart, he wanted to feel her
Something was pestering him even now and he knew the answers were only Shehnaaz

How has his mother been admitted and maybe operated here too ? Was Military Hospitals open to every kind of general public he knew the answer is no but then how was she here , yes he knew she was here for the temple that's there in the background of this hospital and might be the reason they shifted her to the emergency but nothing beyond , they would have not admitted her for operation then how ?

" Meri vajah se " Shehnaaz spoke eyeing his expressions very closely, it was insane how she could read him in a blink of his eyes , he spoke nothing loud he wondered but then this was Shehnaaz and She read him like at the back of his hands from the very start .

" Huh " he spoke opening his eyes and looking at hers still behind the mask, the apron he once wanted to look so proudly on her , the way she was standing here with the vibes of a brilliant JR. He was proud of her , being fulfilling both the dreams to join defense and be a doctor simultaneously, she kept both of them , Sidharth and Her father at the equal spots and he felt unshed tears clouding his eyes.

" Mumma ke pass papa ke benefits the already and I know that you are well settled and all but Maa toh meri bhi hai toh isliye thoda beti hone ka haq jata diya , they have called you only because they knew they can't treat her here but then I saw her and ....." She spoke closing her eyes , she was still so innocet, one of a kind type and he was proud of what she was.